• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe to Baylor

Best wishes to JG, but what a weird situation. Why is he an interim hire? Is he automatically a candidate for permanent HC? It's not like he'll really change the culture in a single season.

Baylor bought themselves some integrity. He'll shake hands and play some golf. Maybe get the recruits to stay committed. Bear nation needs some time to reorganize, this buys them a good six months. Good Luck Coach and Sic'em!

Best wishes to JG, but what a weird situation. Why is he an interim hire? Is he automatically a candidate for permanent HC? It's not like he'll really change the culture in a single season.

Just guesses here, but maybe at 64 he doesn't want to be a permanent HC again or maybe he wants to wait and see what, if any, punishment they receive from the NCAA before agreeing to be a permanent HC. Not sure if I was 64 that I would want to take over full-time at program facing major sanctions. By the time you recover from that (if you recover), you'd be close to 70 years old...

Grobe inherits an offense that put up 756 yards in their last game. Surely will be able to keep that going

Is the 400 lb guy still there? He would do TREMENDOUS fullback dives from the shotgun

Where's bears n deacs on this?!?!

Good luck to Grobe, maybe he's got some fire left after a break

Baylor finally got their man.

I assumed this was a joke thread. Unreal.

If you're looking for a friendly face to keep the program on the straight and narrow, makes a lot of sense IMO.

Plus if one is looking for a way to bring an offense from an omnipotent 60 point a game juggernaut down to a 20 point a game run down the clock try to let your non-existent defense win it in the fourth quarter, this is a great choice for a long time. But still it makes a lot of sense for a year just from the public relations side of things till they can get a handle on all the troubles they have internally and destroy the troublemakers.

That's interesting news. Good for Coach Grobe. I'll be pulling for him.

Grobe seems like an excellent choice for Baylor on a short term basis. He's not likely to interfere with an offense as accomplished as Baylor's, can augment the defense and will bring a sense of integrity that is sorely needed. I'm happy he has been given the opportunity and wish him success.

They should blow the whole thing up. Think Bz would be great to reset the hoops culture.

Jimmy was a good coach that truth be told should still be here.
5 Bowls
1 ACC championship
1 11 win year

I dont understand how a coach with that track record is run off

When Briles got canned I thought Grobe would get a call. Grobe may have coasted here his last 5 years or so, but he's a top notch person and the kind of guy Baylor needs to clean things up. Smart move on their part with the interim tag as well, he's the right guy now, not the guy you want long term. I'll be pulling for him to do well.

Jimmy was a good coach that truth be told should still be here.
5 Bowls
1 ACC championship
1 11 win year

I dont understand how a coach with that track record is run off
troll-meme-smiley-emoticon.gif

Grobe seems like an excellent choice for Baylor on a short term basis. He's not likely to interfere with an offense as accomplished as Baylor's, can augment the defense and will bring a sense of integrity that is sorely needed. I'm happy he has been given the opportunity and wish him success.

This - assuming they don't clear house and fire the OC / coaches.

Back