• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe to Baylor

Anyone know if there is/was a Grobe introductory press conference? Would like to read or listen to his remarks. I've found nothing.

I guess since everyone has been fired or quit, there's no one to even welcome him to Baylor. Maybe they just put the key to his office under the mat outside.

Anyone know if there is/was a Grobe introductory press conference? Would like to read or listen to his remarks. I've found nothing.

I guess since everyone has been fired or quit, there's no one to even welcome him to Baylor. Maybe they just put the key to his office under the mat outside.

I'm guessing the incentive of putting on a show when a new coach comes just isn't there when the new coach is coming to clean up after the prior coach aided in covering up sexual assault.

I'm guessing the incentive of putting on a show when a new coach comes just isn't there when the new coach is coming to clean up after the prior coach aided in covering up sexual assault.

Agreed. But would have thought there would be some kind of interview or presser, even if done by local media, given the visibility of the hire and gravity of the situation.

Agreed. But would have thought there would be some kind of interview or presser, even if done by local media, given the visibility of the hire and gravity of the situation.

I read the other day that the intro PC would be Friday

From everything I've read, Grobe will be nothing more than the CEO/administrator type, with little to no hiring power. Most of the assistants will stay on and Lil Briles and Bennett will retain play calling duties on both sides of the ball.

From everything I've read, Grobe will be nothing more than the CEO/administrator type, with little to no hiring power. Most of the assistants will stay on and Lil Briles and Bennett will retain play calling duties on both sides of the ball.

It would surprise me if the entire staff minus Art Briles is still there come the season. I'm not really sure how they could all survive this, as I'm sure other members of the staff had to have their hands in the cover up as well. Not to mention the possibility of some of the assistants getting other opportunities and deciding it's a good time to jump off a sinking ship.

I am curious to see how he does there as well. I know some on here are still angry at him for his last few seasons at Wake or things he said after he left Wake. I would like to see him do well at Baylor and will be rooting for him.

Nonsense talk like this is unproductive to our program. Jim Grobe is a whale of a coach.

Unproductive? I'll have you know Grobe kicked major ass on the golf course at the ACC coach's conference every one of his last 5 years here. He put up a 72 at Pinehurst #2 one year, he got so good.

I am curious to see how he does there as well. I know some on here are still angry at him for his last few seasons at Wake or things he said after he left Wake. I would like to see him do well at Baylor and will be rooting for him.

I have nothing but love and appreciation for Grobie, seriously. Just because it became time to part ways, doesn't mean he can't and shouldn't be appreciated. Few coaching tenures end well, it's the nature of the business.

It would surprise me if the entire staff minus Art Briles is still there come the season. I'm not really sure how they could all survive this, as I'm sure other members of the staff had to have their hands in the cover up as well. Not to mention the possibility of some of the assistants getting other opportunities and deciding it's a good time to jump off a sinking ship.

Yeah I think they're all gone after this fall. However they will be coaching for their next job.

I never really got offended at any of the comments Grobe made after he left Wake.... I didn't catch any that I thought were really off base.

Looks like he'll have his hands FULL when it comes to existing recruits at Baylor. If I was Baylor I'd drag my feet for nearly the full 30 day period before making a decisioN (when a recruit wants a release the school has 30 days to make their decision).

It will be easier to root for Grobe than Baylor, but that may be too fine a line to walk in the short term. I hope Grobie parlays this opportunity into a permanent job so he can rebuild a deserving P5 school into a visible an competitive program, but I'm not sure that Baylor fits my definition of deserving.

Maybe my love of Grobe is coloring my view on this, but presumably the rapists are off the team and the rape-enablers are gone. And Grobe had nothing to do with any of this. Go get 'em, Grobe.

I haven't read the Pepper Hamilton report but was wondering if the Baylor b-ball program will escape this mess unscathed. I think Drew is way over-rated as a coach.

I would rather have Jimmy back here rather than what we have now.

Clawson will get the ship headed in the right direction. Grobe left the cupboard completely barren and with a talent level much below what he inherited from Caldwell. Clawson has proven himself to be a decent recruiter so things should fall into place. To think he could have done better the past 2 years with the players he had, or we could have hired a better coach, is delusional.

And wolpfack 30844 would also rather have O'Brien back at cow college than what they have now as well.... :thumbsup:

And wolpfack 30844 would also rather have O'Brien back at cow college than what they have now as well.... :thumbsup:

As would, and should, most Statefans. He got fired because he lost one game on a blown punt coverage. Typical reactionary loons.

Back