• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Wonder if Trump's campaign goes hard negative on the Clintons (Corey on Trump's primary opponents) or "presidential"-LMAO. Going hard negative depresses turnout, but GOP needs decent turnout in purple or blue states to hold the Senate.

Trump "fired" bitter OWG Roger Stone, who's still floating nutty conspiracy theories on Trump's behalf. Trump's VP short list is Newt, Christie, Sessions, Scott Brown, and Mary Fallin for a reason.

Weird to have watched the ESPN OJ doc and compared it to Trump's campaign. Nobody believes OJ had more money than Trump, but OJ hired a team of ruthless high powered pros. Trump, not so much.

The Mary Fallin pick is the stuff memes are made of.

Trump/Fallin 2016

Wonder if Trump's campaign goes hard negative on the Clintons (Corey on Trump's primary opponents) or "presidential"-LMAO. Going hard negative depresses turnout, but GOP needs decent turnout in purple or blue states to hold the Senate.

Trump "fired" bitter OWG Roger Stone, who's still floating nutty conspiracy theories on Trump's behalf. Trump's VP short list is Newt, Christie, Sessions, Scott Brown, and Mary Fallin for a reason.

Weird to have watched the ESPN OJ doc and compared it to Trump's campaign. Nobody believes OJ had more money than Trump, but OJ hired a team of ruthless high powered pros. Trump, not so much.

Trump’s brain is so good that he doesn't need anybody else.

Politifact, the Pulitzer prize-winning fact-checking project, determined for example that Hillary was actually the most truthful candidate (of either Party) in the 2016 election season.

If this is referring to lowest "Mostly False:, "False", or"Pants on Fire" ratings, John Edwards scores a lower pct than Hillary (20% to 27%). Anyone think Edwards is honest? Politifact rates mostly externally verifiable statements, which Hillary has done well with, at least recently. They don't do so much with the "she'll take any stance to further her career" charge, which I think most people take issue with.

Last edited:
Omar Mateen, Islamic terrorist/Hillary Clinton supporter:
Y85cKf.png

Quarterly fundraising reports are due this week. Trump's campaign blasted out an emergency 24 honor donor request for $100K last week. Why would a guy who boasts he made $550M last year, is worth $10B, and can self fund a general election campaign without the RNC or outside donors need an emergency $100K from donors?

Quarterly fundraising reports are due this week. Trump's campaign blasted out an emergency 24 honor donor request for $100K last week. Why would a guy who boasts he made $550M last year, is worth $10B, and can self fund a general election campaign without the RNC or outside donors need an emergency $100K from donors?

Because they have less than 2m in COH and are using campaign funds to pay Trump's kids and properties? Hillary raised 4.5m t-o-d-a-y.

His campaign is a joke, he's conning only the dumbest among us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they have less than 2m in COH and are using campaign funds to pay Trump's kids and properties? Hillary raised 4.5m t-o-d-a-y.

Just because my friend's bar usually has more people in it at 3 PM on weekday than Trump has working the entire nation for his campaign doesn't mean he's not prepared or that his campaign is a joke... No really...

It's been clear from the beginning Trump was only doing this to make money. I doubt he thought through how to make money in the general.

Good news on the potential VP front: Ben Carson, at least the top 50 members of Congress, and LA Mayor Eric Garcetti (wrong team) all have more campaign cash on hand than Trump does. Evan Bayh (also wrong team) hasn't run for office in a decade and still has 8 times as much coh as Trump. Brother, can you spare a dime?

Carly Fiorina got "fired" by the McCain/Palin campaign for (truthfully) saying that neither McCain nor Palin were qualified to be CEO of a major corporation (et tu, Carly?).

Mark Cuban has gleefully pointed out how half ass and schlocky Trump's business portfolio is. If Trump headed a public corporation, he'd face similar quarterly financial disclosures as he does now. 20% of campaign expenditures have gone directly to Trump owned businesses or his kids. A bunch of non-Trump campaign vendors are going to get stiffed.

Trump's bullshit's being publicly examined in a way he's never had to deal with previously. Silly for him to bag on Bezos or Bloomberg who run public companies and could buy Trump for personal pocket change many times over. Trump was dismissive of a rumor he'd walk away from the campaign for a $150M greenmail bribe. Righteous bucks!

I know its been loosely talked about, but is there any way Trump just matter a factly takes his football and goes home (i.e. walk away as nominee) before/after the convention? I know that would be a major blow to his ego, but he is gonna lose money on this campaign and potentially a lot coming from his pocket.

I know its been loosely talked about, but is there any way Trump just matter a factly takes his football and goes home (i.e. walk away as nominee) before/after the convention? I know that would be a major blow to his ego, but he is gonna lose money on this campaign and potentially a lot coming from his pocket.

Maybe Trump can beg the Mexican judge to start the Trump U trial now. Might prop up his image as a businessman. Trump payroll making bank off the campaign. Trump Ice?

Saw it on twitter....someone mined the data from the latest campaign disclosure for expenditures having the word "Trump."

Just glancing at the math, that's $1.3 million going into Trump pockets.

Glad to see it. I hope they put him on ice the entire campaign.

Wrangor's first love may have been Christie, but he's obviously a satisfied Trump Ice customer/investor.

Trump hasn't been in Ohio since losing to Kasich in March. Highly unlikely he's been back to Wisconsin or Iowa since losing to Cruz. No cash, no staff, no surrogates in swing states, but he can compete in those states by doing rallies and half ass fundraisers in TX.

Back