• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

McConnell's 74, so he likely leaves the Senate if Dems gain control. Ryan's the one who's really screwed. He's 46 and he'll preside over a smaller, more conservative House in 2017. If he even allows a vote on immigration reform, he's done as Speaker. Frozen out of leadership and stuck in the House unless Walker doesn't run again or Ryan runs for the Senate in 2018.

Romney's hilarious. Boasted that he won't vote for Trump under any circumstances. Trump wasn't an unknown in 2012 when Mitt groveled for his endorsement.

It's difficult to defend a person most of whose wealth was made by putting Americans out of work, but Trump hadn't said and staked out most of the un-American and racist positions in 2012. Basically the only racist position that Trump had shown was birtherism which most of the GOP tolerated.

Nutty libs. Same place the Green Party always gets votes.

If Bernie (plus Warren and Brown) actively campaign with and for Hillary, where does Stein get more than 2% of vote?

The Greens haven't gotten as much as 1% before. They ain't doing it here. The only potential wild card here is Johnson. I just want him to poll well enough to get into the debates.

Unless they change the rules, Johnson won't be in the debates.

Really the only hope for GOP is finding ways to suppress the vote and they are pushing this hard. Problem is they can't get it through in swing states. Got it done in south but that was gonna vote for the red team anyway. I really think this election will clinch CO & NV for blue team permanently.

Gary Johnson couldn't make it to the primaries on the Republican side. How is he going to poll at 15% of the entire electorate?

Really the only hope for GOP is finding ways to suppress the vote and they are pushing this hard. Problem is they can't get it through in swing states. Got it done in south but that was gonna vote for the red team anyway. I really think this election will clinch CO & NV for blue team permanently.

They are already trying to distract from Trump with national security and poverty policy pushes. Good luck with pushing substance with Trump.

Probably not enough to get to 15% nationally, but lots of moderate 'Pubs and right leaning independents can't stand both Trump & Hillary. Greens are already a non-factor nationally, but if Bernie does endorse HRC, campaign won't have any worries about the Greens, especially in swing states. Do think they want to keep Johnson/Weld numbers down in select states, but they're perfectly fine with Johnson in IN, AZ, MO, GA, and UT.

Gary Johnson couldn't make it to the primaries on the Republican side. How is he going to poll at 15% of the entire electorate?

He's already polling at 10-12%, and they'll have more $$ this time around. So while it may not be probable, I think it's possible he can get to 15%. Mostly from Pubs but also Dems and indies who don't like Hillary. While I'm no lib, I like the guy and think he'd add a different perspective to the debates.

Romney called Trump for creating generations of "trickle down racism", "trickle down bigotry" and "trickle down misogyny".

I really think this election will clinch CO & NV for blue team permanently.

Depending on how polling looks post convention, think Dems make a serious push for AZ. McCain's vulnerable and turning AZ purple would yield marketing economies of scale in CA, NM, NV, CO, and AZ that they could leverage as they eventually look to put TX in play.

A new poll showed 48% of the public think Bernie should keep running. Would love to see him run as the Green Party candidate. Of course that would probably guarantee Hillary will lose.

Gotta hand it to ya Bob: there is absolutely no give up in ya. Hang in there my friend; keep the dream alive.

:circlejerk:

I think the GOP is having a problem understanding that Trump is the standard bearer for the GOP. He blew away the field mainstream Republicans wee so excited about.

Romney called Trump for creating generations of "trickle down racism", "trickle down bigotry" and "trickle down misogyny".

Can't recall a losing presidential candidate with more lingering bitteness and butt hurt than Mitt. Don't remember Gore being as bad. Romney ran for political office four times and only won once. He really doesn't get the GOP base hates him and thinks he's irrelevant.

Romney believes he's entitled to be President.

He also doesn't realize that a good bit of that 47% he made fun of were the ones who nominated Drumpf.

Agree with FMR about AZ. Kirkpatrick has a shot, as does Hillary. If Johnson gets 5% or so in AZ, Hillary becomes more likely.

Another neocon endorses Clinton, calling her “2016’s real conservative” and “the candidate of the status quo”
Neocon James Kirchick joins a slew of right-wing pundits who support war hawk Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump
In his defense of Clinton, Kagan told The New York Times he is “comfortable with her on foreign policy,” noting it is “something that might have been called neocon, but clearly her supporters are not going to call it that; they are going to call it something else.”

Kirchick and Kagan have joined numerous right-wing confrères in endorsing Clinton for president.

Max Boot, a hard-line war hawk and self-declared “American imperialist,” lauded Clinton in an op-ed in the Los Angeles Times in May.
https://www.salon.com/2016/06/10/another_neocon_endorses_clinton_calling_her_2016s_real_conservative_and_the_candidate_of_the_status_quo/

I showed on another thread that they are projecting there to be more Latinos than whites in TX by 2020. TX will be purple by 2024.

Back