• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest

Updates from the Winston-Salem Journal and Camel City Dispatch:

Police look for three men involved in shooting of WFU student
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2016 7:45 pm
By Journal staff report

Winston-Salem police are looking for three men in connection with Saturday’s shooting of a student at Wake Forest University.

Plato Collins Barwick IV, 20, of Wakefield Drive was shot and wounded during an off-campus robbery, police said. Officers found Barwick about 2:30 a.m. lying near the intersection of Barkwood Drive and Polo Road. He had a gunshot wound to his torso...

Before the shooting, Barwick had accompanied some female students to their homes on Polo Road near the Wake Forest campus, his father, Collins Barwick, said on a CaringBridge webpage. The younger Barwick was shot when he was robbed while he was walking home, police said.

The suspects left the scene in a black colored, full-size SUV with chrome trim, police said...

Police Look for Suspects and Witnesses to Weekend Shooting of a WFU Student
June 13, 2016 1:54 pm·
camelcitydispatch.com
By Staff

On Saturday morning at approximately 2:27am patrol officers responded to reports of a man found lying in the road near the intersection of Brookwood Drive and Polo Road.

Responding officers found 20 year-old Wake Forest university student Plato Collins Barwick IV suffering from a gunshot wound to his torso and he was rushed to Baptist Medical Center where he is recovering from his injuries.

Authorities have determined that Mr. Barwick was injured during a robbery which occurred as he walked to his residence. The suspect vehicle has been described as a black, full size, sport utility vehicle equipped with chrome trim. The vehicle is believed to be a 2009 or newer model.

Police have three descriptions of suspects in this brutal crime. Suspect #1 is described as a black male, medium complexion, 17 to 19 years of age, approximately five feet six inches in height. He reportedly has small braids or twists in his hair, which are approximately one inch in length. At the time this incident occurred, Suspect #1 was wearing a flat bill cap and armed with a firearm.

Suspect #2 is described as a black male, approximately six-feet tall, with a thin build and very short hair. Suspect #2 was described as having a chin strap style beard.

Suspect # 3 was described only as a black male and was reportedly the driver of the SUV...

Smh. Too much sad news recently. Thoughts and prayers with the students family and friends.

Doesn't sound like Winston has changed much since I graduated in '00

Updates from the Winston-Salem Journal and Camel City Dispatch:

Police look for three men involved in shooting of WFU student
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2016 7:45 pm
By Journal staff report

Winston-Salem police are looking for three men in connection with Saturday’s shooting of a student at Wake Forest University.

Plato Collins Barwick IV, 20, of Wakefield Drive was shot and wounded during an off-campus robbery, police said. Officers found Barwick about 2:30 a.m. lying near the intersection of Barkwood Drive and Polo Road. He had a gunshot wound to his torso...

Before the shooting, Barwick had accompanied some female students to their homes on Polo Road near the Wake Forest campus, his father, Collins Barwick, said on a CaringBridge webpage. The younger Barwick was shot when he was robbed while he was walking home, police said.

The suspects left the scene in a black colored, full-size SUV with chrome trim, police said...

Police Look for Suspects and Witnesses to Weekend Shooting of a WFU Student
June 13, 2016 1:54 pm·
camelcitydispatch.com
By Staff

On Saturday morning at approximately 2:27am patrol officers responded to reports of a man found lying in the road near the intersection of Brookwood Drive and Polo Road.

Responding officers found 20 year-old Wake Forest university student Plato Collins Barwick IV suffering from a gunshot wound to his torso and he was rushed to Baptist Medical Center where he is recovering from his injuries.

Authorities have determined that Mr. Barwick was injured during a robbery which occurred as he walked to his residence. The suspect vehicle has been described as a black, full size, sport utility vehicle equipped with chrome trim. The vehicle is believed to be a 2009 or newer model.

Police have three descriptions of suspects in this brutal crime. Suspect #1 is described as a black male, medium complexion, 17 to 19 years of age, approximately five feet six inches in height. He reportedly has small braids or twists in his hair, which are approximately one inch in length. At the time this incident occurred, Suspect #1 was wearing a flat bill cap and armed with a firearm.

Suspect #2 is described as a black male, approximately six-feet tall, with a thin build and very short hair. Suspect #2 was described as having a chin strap style beard.

Suspect # 3 was described only as a black male and was reportedly the driver of the SUV...

Obviously a very sad situation, but could you make up a more Wake Foresty name for a student??

His dad is a mediator in Raleigh and a double deac. Very sad, and I'm happy to hear he's recovering.

Here is a piece from Wake website on his fraternity brothers trying to use the incident as an opportunity to raise awareness for charities that Lins had previously endorsed. Seems like a good dude, he had been sponsoring a Ghanan orphan whom he met on a pre-med internship. She was buried alive and left for dead by her parents then discovered and brought to the hospital where Lins was interning.

http://news.wfu.edu/2016/06/17/band-of-brothers/

https://www.gofundme.com/angelkomenda

Last edited:
The fact that he turned Plato Collins into "Lins" is even more Wake Foresty

Wake Forest student shot while being robbed near campus

not wake foresty: getting shot.
gangsta! way to break the mold!

It's pretty shocking in retrospect that Rubbins was never shot while at Wake.

Here is a piece from Wake website on his fraternity brothers trying to use the incident as an opportunity to raise awareness for charities that Lins had previously endorsed. Seems like a good dude, he had been sponsoring a Ghanan orphan whom he met on a pre-med internship. She was buried alive and left for dead by her parents then discovered and brought to the hospital where Lins was interning.

http://news.wfu.edu/2016/06/17/band-of-brothers/

https://www.gofundme.com/angelkomenda

prolly just doing charity out of guilt for all that raping they do

Obviously a very sad situation, but could you make up a more Wake Foresty name for a student??

I thought the same thing and then read the article where Banks Wall and Brawley Crawford were quoted. #wfnames

Maybe this will be the wake up call that the Wake administration has needed for several years. They've been turning a blind eye to the area surrounding campus for years. When I owned houses around campus, we had double digit break ins every year and had at least 2 cars stolen in a one year period. Administration didn't care. They seemed to use it as a selling point for students to move back on campus.

Yeah, my house on Minorcas (one street over from Brookwood) got robbed once a month. When I lived at 555 Polo there was a hostage situation on one side of us that required a full SWAT team and then another huge bust of our neighbors on the other side that were running a whore house. That one was sad, the guy was using his 15-16 year old niece as a prostitute.

I lived at 555 polo my junior year and on minorcas my senior year at wake. Never robbed though.

I lived at 555 polo my junior year and on minorcas my senior year at wake. Never robbed though.

Interesting, when did you live at 555? When I lived there we had a hostage situation two houses down to the left (full swat teams) and our neighbor on the right was pimping out his 16 year old niece to his friends. That arrest day was hectic. What house on Minorcas? I was 850.

Back