• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest

Glad to know this kid is going be be alright. When I originally skimmed the article, I took it that he was shot and killed.

And I second the notion that his name is the most frat, Wake Foresty name I've heard in a while.

Also was that Frank who was pimping out his niece? Did he get arrested too?

Such a cake eater.

08375aaf3510d1be406e6a600e1e1531.jpg

Wow, a whole bunch of stupid on this thread considering the subject matter.

Serious question, b/c it has been many years since I was a WF student: What is the main attraction of living off campus these days? Is it just freedom from whatever restrictions apply to parties, etc. in on-campus housing? In my day I feel like it was pretty rare for people to live off campus and most people did it only out of necessity due to finances, having a job, or something.

I also thought the school had passed some mandate that everyone had to live on campus for all 4 years now?

"Shortly before 5 a.m., the student contacted the Wake Forest University Police Department to report that she had just been robbed by a man who entered her unlocked apartment, kicked in the locked door of the bathroom where she was located and took a small amount of cash and her cell phone. She described the robber as a black male with a slender build, wearing a green hoodie.

She reported he appeared to have a firearm. A second male intruder entered the apartment with the robber."

Very bizarre all around, or maybe the article is leaving out a lot of details.

Serious question, b/c it has been many years since I was a WF student: What is the main attraction of living off campus these days? Is it just freedom from whatever restrictions apply to parties, etc. in on-campus housing? In my day I feel like it was pretty rare for people to live off campus and most people did it only out of necessity due to finances, having a job, or something.

I lived on campus all 4 years, but I always wished that I could cook without worrying about sending an entire dorm outside when the fire alarm went off.

Yah, the appeal is that you can do whatever you want and it's easy to afford a decent little house with a yard and room to do stuff

"Shortly before 5 a.m., the student contacted the Wake Forest University Police Department to report that she had just been robbed by a man who entered her unlocked apartment, kicked in the locked door of the bathroom where she was located and took a small amount of cash and her cell phone. She described the robber as a black male with a slender build, wearing a green hoodie.

She reported he appeared to have a firearm. A second male intruder entered the apartment with the robber."

Very bizarre all around, or maybe the article is leaving out a lot of details.

I mean it seems like it makes sense. The robbers checked apartment doors, found one that was unlocked, barged in, she locked herself in the bathroom and they broke down the door. Robbers probably figured a lot of them would be empty this weekend

Back