• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

I hope that at a time like this, we can all put aside our political and religious opinions/arguments, and seek unity. God bless the people whose lives were taken, their families and their friends, and anyone else who was hurt by this tragedy. Truly miserable news. Hopefully, one day, we can live in a world where terrorism, and other tragic acts of hate, become less frequent. RIP to the poor souls who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Amen

Hopefully the entire Orlando community will come together and help those who went through this horrific situation. The police will also need some help after being through this carnage.

Need to get off facebook.

Actually just had someone say that if all guns were illegal, the "criminals" would be having Oklahoma City and Boston bombings just as often as mass shootings...you know, because "I can make a bomb right now in my garage that would have taken out more people than that guy did with stuff I bought from the grocery store."

Also been told:
- that if we can't stop all gun deaths, we shouldn't enact stricter gun laws, regardless if it lowers the number of gun deaths.
- that if I'm not actively saving lives, I have no room to complain about gun control.
- that if I haven't been to or "seen" war, then I can't say that today's America isn't "just as bad as the middle east where bombings occur daily".

Last edited:
- that if I haven't been to or "seen" war, then I can't say that today's America isn't "just as bad as the middle east where bombings occur daily".

For fuck's sake. We have it easy. Please don't compare America and all of your freedoms to war torn countries where oppression generally rules. Most of those people would gladly trade for your life here. Also before you hop on someone's Facebook thread who is presumably a combat veteran, regardless of how stupid their post may be, remember they likely got shot at/got shot/had friends who died defending the freedoms and lifestyle you clearly take for granted.

For fucks sake, regulate bullets. There is absolutely no reason anyone needs a stash of more than 10 bullets. If I can't buy more that 15 Claratin-D pills at a time to protect my self from seasonal allergies because society is afraid the drug dealers are going to cook up a batch of Meth in their basements, then why can we limit the number of bullets someone can purchase. The constitution says nothing about any right to possess shit tons of bullets.

Got it
Need to hang on till white people die off
Ban guns
Increase intake of Syrian refugees
Remind people that Christians have done bad things

Liberals have this under control. Going to turn in for the night

For fucks sake, regulate bullets. There is absolutely no reason anyone needs a stash of more than 10 bullets. If I can't buy more that 15 Claratin-D pills at a time to protect my self from seasonal allergies because society is afraid the drug dealers are going to cook up a batch of Meth in their basements, then why can we limit the number of bullets someone can purchase. The constitution says nothing about any right to possess shit tons of bullets.

Reactions: ONW
I think it's wrong for the news networks to continue the rehashing of the same parts of stories like these 24/7. If there's something new, break into normal programming. But after the first six hours or so, I think it would become incredibly morose and more depressing.

It doesn't add anything. The head honchos need to rethink this.

How dare you take away his constitutional right!

I mean I'm all about banning guns, but I'm also all about not taking constitutional rights away without some kind of fair adjudicatory process beyond just the FBI's hunch

Back