• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

Another Wrangor laziness. The REASON that was posted is that someone brought up making bullets illegal....and others like it.

What's amazing is even when we're in 90+% agreement Wrangor won't accept it and wants to act like a biotch.

Haha. I wasn't even criticizing you. I saw the comment that someone said we should limit bullets and I knew what was coming next. He Chris Rock clip is a funny bit. Chill out old man. Re-read my post. There isn't a critical word in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first post on this thread...because the entire thread is meaningless. Words don't mean anything here. Action is the only thing that matters....and nothing is going to be done. I realized that when 20 precious six year old children were slaughtered at Sandy Hook and nothing was done that nothing was ever going to get the gun lovers on the right and the PC liberals on the left to make any concessions that could result in meaningful action. The gun lovers think that any slightest concession on their part would be the first step toward total confiscation of all guns in the country. So they oppose even the slightest common sense gun control legislation. The PC liberals think that giving up any civil liberties at all in the interest of public safety would be the first step toward a fascist society. So they go crazy at the thought that maybe we should not allow people to travel to the Middle East to become radicalized and then return to this country...where they can buy automatic weapons as easy as buying a hamburger at McDonalds. They act like the police are the bad guys, while trying to make martyrs out of POS like Freddie Gray...a 25-year old man who already had been involved in 20 criminal court cases. Then both sides act surprised when something like this happens. (And I know that Mateen didn't go to the Middle East to become radicalized, but there have been several cases where this has happened.)

So, all we get are meaningless words....like everything that has been posted on this thread. Some guy says that "Hate will never win" at a television awards ceremony. What the fuck does that mean? Nothing. In the words of one famous person, "it's all just sound and fury, signifying nothing". In the end, money will continue to rule over everything else....and tragedies like this one will continue to happen, on a more & more frequent basis. There is no room for a political middle ground on important issues between the left & right in our super-polarized country today, because neither side is willing to budge an inch off of its position..

Hate won and covered the spread the other night. Platitudes, whether from Hollywood or D.C., make for great hashtags (#saveourgirls) but they don't do much in terms of policy. The right doesn't want to admit we have a gun problem and the left doesn't want to admit we have a Muslim problem. The other night gave everybody want they "want." Sucks.

hear hear

i would add that one-size-fits-all gun regulation for the whole country (or a whole state) makes no sense. the recent appeals court decision on concealed carry is a step in the right direction. local communities should be able to decide how guns are regulated as they are the most impacted. For example, it may be perfectly acceptable, even desirable, for ranchers and farmers to openly carry firearms for all kinds of reasons, but those reasons are not applicable to wannabes who go openly strapped on an errand to the Gamespot store in the wealthiest, safest shopping center in Greensboro.

I think you could have come up with a better example. Greensboro is turrrible. #Winston

Otherwise, this is a good post. I understand that some people don't understand that other people actually need guns (the old man in the Chicago case definitely needs a gun as much as any rancher does, probably more). We need to restrict access to this important right to the demonstrably capable. Bring back elitism.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting that. It reinforces my point. (I wondered whether or not that had happened, but when I couldn't find any confirmation of it during a quick search I thought that I had better post a disclaimer...or someone would be quick to inform me that this did not apply to Mateen to make a "gotcha" point rather than responding to the body of my entire post.)

which of these affects gun violence in the US?

Perhaps you missed it the first time: THE LEFT DOESN'T WANT TO ADMIT WE HAVE A MUSLIM PROBLEM. This phenomenon has enough walking case studies; they don't need your contribution (we already have POTUS and Hillary; I expect more from you). 100+ people got shot the other night by a guy who called 9-1-1 and told you his motive. You don't believe him?

Last edited:
I think you could have come up with a better example. Greensboro is turrrible. #Winston

Otherwise, this is a good post. I understand that some people don't understand that other people actually need guns (the old man in the Chicago case definitely needs a gun as much as any rancher does, probably more). We need to restrict access to this important right to the demonstrably capable. Bring back elitism.

i am completely on board with licensing, mental health and skills requirements for firearm ownership. At the same time, just because I can prove I am competent to own an AR-15 or 9MM Glock with a 16-round magazine doesn't mean I should be entitled to purchase one - that puts these dangerous weapons into the stream of commerce where they can be stolen or illicitly sold to people who are less savory, or I could have a mental break between my regularly-scheduled re-registration. So, yes to licensing, but also yes to restrictions on type of weapon and local control over where and how guns are carried.

i am completely on board with licensing, mental health and skills requirements for firearm ownership. At the same time, just because I can prove I am competent to own an AR-15 or 9MM Glock with a 16-round magazine doesn't mean I should be entitled to purchase one - that puts these dangerous weapons into the stream of commerce where they can be stolen or illicitly sold to people who are less savory, or I could have a mental break between my regularly-scheduled re-registration. So, yes to licensing, but also yes to restrictions on type of weapon and local control over where and how guns are carried.

I tend to agree. We're willing--as a society---to curtail all of our liberties to protect us from the very few of us who aren't responsible enough to handle them. We're no longer willing to pay the carrying costs of that liberty when we see an obvious common thread.

Notice any other common threads worthy of serious attention?

And as I've said before, there should be accomplice liability for anyone whose lawfully-acquired gun knowingly/willingly ends up with someone who uses it in the commission of a felony. That is the easiest way to crack down on most of this.

Perhaps you missed it the first time: THE LEFT DOESN'T WANT TO ADMIT WE HAVE A MUSLIM PROBLEM. This phenomenon has enough walking case studies; they don't need your contribution (we already have POTUS and Hillary; I expect more from you). 100+ people got shot the other night by a guy who called 9-1-1 and told you his motive. You don't believe him?

Neither did Obama, evidently.

Reading the tags, I'm trying to figure out who is the dumbest.

i know you're trollin' but whatever. Rephrase: Do you think that the number of gun deaths would be reduced more by addressing Muslim extremism in the US or addressing access to firearms?

i know you're trollin' but whatever. Rephrase: Do you think that the number of gun deaths would be reduced more by addressing Muslim extremism in the US or addressing access to firearms?

What if you just responded to the point instead of declaring that questions that make you queasy are trolling?

Do you think that access to firearms in the American South was the cause of the Charlie Hebdo shooting? Brussels? The London subway bombing? The Spain train bombing? The night club shootings (the ones in Indonesia)?

Focusing on half the problems that caused the other night might boost your odds for claiming the Edward R. Millhouse GO-TEAM! Tunnels Poster of the Year Award, but you're not actually fooling anyone.

I'm willing to declare your false choice a false choice by simply answering in the affirmative.

What if you just responded to the point instead of declaring that questions that make you queasy are trolling?

Do you think that access to firearms in the American South was the cause of the Charlie Hebdo shooting? Brussels? The London subway bombing? The Spain train bombing? The night club shootings (the ones in Indonesia)?

Focusing on half the problems that caused the other night might boost your odds for claiming the Edward R. Millhouse GO-TEAM! Tunnels Poster of the Year Award, but you're not actually fooling anyone.

I'm willing to declare your false choice a false choice by simply answering in the affirmative.

i don't care about Paris or Brussels. I care about the US. Those attacks were awful but a pittance in death compared to the daily loss of lives due to guns in our country, very few of which have anything to do with Islam.

But in the interest of hearing your thoughts, I'll "respond to your point" so I can hopefully get a real answer (lulz): I think all religions are detrimental to human civilization, especially the abrahamic religions, Islam's current iterations being the most dangerous. How do we address the "Islam Problem" to reduce gun deaths in the US? Anxiously awaiting your suggestions.

Last edited:
i don't care about Paris or Brussels. I care about the US. Those attacks were awful but a pittance in death compared to the daily loss of lives due to guns in our country, very few of which have anything to do with Islam.

But since you're being an infant, I'll "respond to your point" so I can hopefully get a real answer (lulz): I think all religions are detrimental to human civilization, especially the abrahamic religions, Islam's current iterations being the most dangerous. How do we address the "Islam Problem" to reduce gun deaths in the US? Anxiously awaiting your suggestions.

This is your attempt to conversation?

I think we respond to the problems in front of us, not just the ones that make half the country comfortable. I've already stated my position on the need to return elitism to gun ownership. In terms of Islamicism, we could at least start by being willing to tell the truth. Do you think the President is capable of doing that?

ETA: Why don't Brussels and Paris (and Spain, and London, and Pakistan, and Indonesia, etc., etc., etc.) count? That the scope of the problem breaks the mold of the narrative is a clue that the narrative is in need of a tune-up, no?

because you're shifting a conversation about US gun deaths to one of worldwide terrorism.

I'm asking you how Islam affects the US's problem with gun violence. We cannot affect gun laws/access in europe so I think that falls into a different conversation.

The Right in the United States refuses to address the Gun Access problem in the united states, full stop.

For Example: What does Islam have to do with Adam Lanza?

Back