• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

If we're willing to ask others to compromise all of our rights because of the irresponsibility of a few (this is what the left asks of the gun-owning right), is it not fair to ask the same in return (electronic surveillance of international communications, international travel lists, the nonsensical canard of subjecting octogenarian women in wheel chairs to the same random screening as MAMs traveling from Islamic countries on one-way tickets)?

agree with all those measures for countering terrorism

now lets' talk about disaffected white people shooting children in schools with their mother's AR-15s. and gang gun violence. and toddlers shooting people.

What ITC said.
You're correlating issues. We don't have a gun problem because of islamic terrorists. We have a gun problem in this country because there are excessive amounts of guns and it's too easy to access them.

um, boston bombing was a Bomb, not guns, just to be clear.

I keep asking you to suggest measures to reduce GUN VIOLENCE in the united states. pretty simple question. i've already suggested some measures. you cant' even respond to those.

what are you afraid of?

if your position is "I don't think our current access to guns is a problem" then just say that.

That's why I said "During the pursuit." They killed a cop.

What ITC said.
You're correlating issues. We don't have a gun problem because of islamic terrorists. We have a gun problem in this country because there are excessive amounts of guns and it's too easy to access them.

Respectfully, I'm addressing two separate issues. I'm fully aware of and willing to talk about both of them. Hoping to forge consensus so we can all get there.

Respectfully, I'm addressing two separate issues. I'm fully aware of and willing to talk about both of them. Hoping to forge consensus so we can all get there.

If you're addressing two separate issues, address them separately. The answer to 'solving' gun violence in this country is not rooted in anything to do with radical Islam.

Alright fair enough, implement the counterterrorism measures you mentioned. Not sure what else you can do to prevent or detect people's thoughts.

Now on to gun control measures.

i've addressed with and agreed with your terrorism problem

we're all waiting for you to address the other issue

Guns should be registered and if you sell a gun without doing a background check, you should be at least civilly liable for the damage done by the use of the gun.

Curious what more people want to do about radical Islamists Americans. Dude was flagged and investigated by the FBI. What else should they have done?

i've addressed with and agreed with your terrorism problem

we're all waiting for you to address the other issue

Why don't you read the post where I said, specifically how, we should return elitism to gun ownership.

Why don't you read the post where I said, specifically how, we should return elitism to gun ownership.

i think all of the people asking for your suggestions missed that post.

will you remove the islam misdirection and lay out your suggestions clearly and concisely? thanks in advance

Agreed. Throw away your car keys, become a non-flatulent vegetarian, and vote green. It's science!

Previously you said we should take steps to fix terrorism and guns. Now you mock the concept of not ruining the environment. If we upped the CAFE standards by 20% over the next five years, there would be less pollution and less climate change.

My bad, climate change is a hoax.

For fuck's sake. We have it easy. Please don't compare America and all of your freedoms to war torn countries where oppression generally rules. Most of those people would gladly trade for your life here. Also before you hop on someone's Facebook thread who is presumably a combat veteran, regardless of how stupid their post may be, remember they likely got shot at/got shot/had friends who died defending the freedoms and lifestyle you clearly take for granted.

Just to be clear, I don't take anything for fucking granted. Someone stated that if there were no guns, then America would be just like the Middle East with bombings every day, and that today's America is very close to that already. I made sure to point out that America is SO MUCH BETTER than the Middle East....they proceeded to say that because I haven't been to war, I can't complain about gun control because I don't know what people are clinging to their guns for. It was someone else telling ME those things, and then speaking on a middle school level about "if you can't stop all gun deaths, more gun control won't do anything".

Back off.

Curious what more people want to do about radical Islamists Americans. Dude was flagged and investigated by the FBI. What else should they have done?

I have to question the thoroughness of the investigation given what happened. At a minimum, I think something should have been done to make it impossible for him or family members to legally own a gun. His father is a flat out nut who has made videos praising the Taliban and pretending to be the president of Afghanistan. He should be deported if a way can be found. And we need to reduce further immigration from Muslim countries to near zero- only let in people who we are positive are not overly religious and are facing daily threats in their countries- people like gays and atheists. And there needs to start being a robust and honest criticism of Islam, similar to what happened to Christianity in the 19th century with German scholars like Ludwig Feuerbach. Islam must be dragged out of the middle ages and into the 21st century. The woman must obey, gay hating bullshit must come to an end.

i think all of the people asking for your suggestions missed that post.

will you remove the islam misdirection and lay out your suggestions clearly and concisely? thanks in advance

I already have, and I'm not going to do your reading for you. This is a frustrating and tired exercise in distraction on your part.

There is no way anyone needs a gun that can shoot 103 people in the time frame this guy did, and there is no way that this guy---with all that we knew about him---should have been able to buy any gun. This is a tragic, preventable circumstances and both sides need to do their part.

I have to question the thoroughness of the investigation given what happened. At a minimum, I think something should have been done to make it impossible for him or family members to legally own a gun. His father is a flat out nut who has made videos praising the Taliban and pretending to be the president of Afghanistan. He should be deported if a way can be found. And we need to reduce further immigration from Muslim countries to near zero- only let in people who we are positive are not overly religious and are facing daily threats in their countries- people like gays and atheists. And there needs to start being a robust and honest criticism of Islam, similar to what happened to Christianity in the 19th century with German scholars like Ludwig Feuerbach. Islam must be dragged out of the middle ages and into the 21st century. The woman must obey, gay hating bullshit must come to an end.

Statements like this - especially in reference to allowing people into the US - boggle my mind.

As to your last sentence, that's not just an issue with radical Islam.

I already have, and I'm not going to do your reading for you. This is a frustrating and tired exercise in distraction on your part.

There is no way anyone needs a gun that can shoot 103 people in the time frame this guy did, and there is no way that this guy---with all that we knew about him---should have been able to buy any gun. This is a tragic, preventable circumstances and both sides need to do their part.

just quote it then, because I honestly can't find that post you're talking about after a good-faith attempt to locate it

I think you could have come up with a better example. Greensboro is turrrible. #Winston

Otherwise, this is a good post. I understand that some people don't understand that other people actually need guns (the old man in the Chicago case definitely needs a gun as much as any rancher does, probably more). We need to restrict access to this important right to the demonstrably capable. Bring back elitism.

I think he means this one?

Back