• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

I've said this on here for years, but we don't use immediate deportation as a solution enough. Kill multiple birds with stone; every time an American citizen is convicted of certain offenses (which would include both terrorist involvement and "normal" violent crimes) they should be immediately deported and immediate amnesty given to a current illegal who has a history of work and no criminal history. The deported person gets a parachute and a one-way plane flight the country of origin of the amnestied person. I'll trade Guatemala a Mohammed for a Jose-to-be-named-later every day of the week.

That helps immensely solve the problems of violent crime, immigration, overcrowded prisons, and repeat offenders in one single trade.

dat 14th amendment doh

I am actually laughing out loud right now that you're trying to take this discussion so low.
As to the rest of your post... we disagree on quite a bit, and somehow I doubt that anything happening here will result in the kind of dialogue that will change either of our minds.
But it's true. You do consider yourself a friend of the lgbt community- no? So either you're in denial about the attitudes of the people coming here from Muslim countries or you just don't give a fuck. This idea that we should be blind to the attitudes of the people we are letting into the country seems idiotic to me.

Deported where, 2&2?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

In any sizable American city you've got gay bookstores, gay pride parades. Even in small towns you regularly see rainbow flags, etc. I don't know any Christians who are virulently anti-gay. I know they're out there, but most Christians are pretty tolerant of gays. Plenty of churches have gay couples attending- and these aren't just far out Unitarian churches. Gays have it pretty good in the US- higher education levels than most people, higher incomes, etc. Especially when compared to what it's like for gays in Muslim countries.

Barely. Latest numbers i've seen are around 55%, i'll look for the link when i have a chance. Numbers among Evangelicals (more of them than you think) are in the 20's or 30's, which seems significant given their outsized role in GOP politics.

Deported where, 2&2?

As I said, the country of origin of the corresponding illegal to whom we are granting amnesty. If that country is not concerned about keeping its citizenry from entering our country, then I'm not concerned about who enters theirs. It's an even trade.

they may be tolerant as in 'i'll sit in a room and not punch them' but they're more than willing to vote for someone who will keep them from getting married or block trans bathroom use

Barely. Latest numbers i've seen are around 55%, i'll look for the link when i have a chance. Numbers among Evangelicals (more of them than you think) are in the 20's or 30's, which seems significant given their outsized role in GOP politics.
I think a key difference is, and I heard Stewart Copeland (drummer for the Police) of all people say this (his father was CIA and he grew up in Lebanon): Muslims actually tend to believe all the crazy shit they read in their religious books and are serious about it. Most western Christians are pretty casual about their religion. I'm not religious, but it's obvious there are clear differences between life in the US for a gay person and life in a Muslim country.

they may be tolerant as in 'i'll sit in a room and not punch them' but they're more than willing to vote for someone who will keep them from getting married or block trans bathroom use

But at least they're not voting to have them publicly executed. That's a pretty big difference in terms of tolerance.

dat 2nd amendment doh. If you're going to change one of them, you might as well change a bunch of them.

I personally don't think we need to change the 2nd amendment (though i would certainly vote for such a change) in order to enact common sense gun laws.

Forcing you to keep and bear arms safely doesn't infringe upon your right to keep and bear arms

I think a key difference is, and I heard Stewart Copeland (drummer for the Police) of all people say this (his father was CIA and he grew up in Lebanon): Muslims actually tend to believe all the crazy shit they read in their religious books and are serious about it. Most western Christians are pretty casual about their religion. I'm not religious, but it's obvious there are clear differences between life in the US for a gay person and life in a Muslim country.

That's mostly a result of secularization in the west rather than an inherent difference between the religions. And most christians still believe in the crazy shit they read in their religious books. 58% of American Christians believe in young earth creationism for fucks sake.

As I said, the country of origin of the corresponding illegal to whom we are granting amnesty. If that country is not concerned about keeping its citizenry from entering our country, then I'm not concerned about who enters theirs. It's an even trade.
Omar Mateen was born in America, and we don't publicly discover most terrorists until they've already committed an act of terror.
How does the deportation of illegal aliens fit into the topic of preventing terrorism or mass violence?

Omar Mateen was born in America, and we don't publicly discover most terrorists until they've already committed an act of terror.
How does the deportation of illegal aliens fit into the topic of preventing terrorism or mass violence?

Go back and read what I wrote, because apparently it went over your head.

Trump is doubling down on his Muslim ban. Really good at this time.

That train is never late, Donald.

Go back and read what I wrote, because apparently it went over your head.

Sorry, I missed the part where you said you want to drop all our suspected terrorists out of a plane into Mexico or South America. The FBI apparently didn't have enough info to arrest the guy, but you think they had enough information to deport him?

But it's true. You do consider yourself a friend of the lgbt community- no? So either you're in denial about the attitudes of the people coming here from Muslim countries or you just don't give a fuck. This idea that we should be blind to the attitudes of the people we are letting into the country seems idiotic to me.

I can't, in good conscious, keep someone out of this country based on their personal views and beliefs just because they're different from mine. Trying to equate that to "not giving a fuck" about the LGBTQ community is one of the most asinine things I've read in a while. Nobody is saying we should be blind to the different attitudes... but ffs, you don't blanketly deny all of a group from coming here (or limit their ability to come based on their wealth or knowledge).

Trump has turned this into a hack job on Clinton and Obama. Once again he shows he doesn't understand what it is to lead.

Trump just said the Obama Administration has a terrible record on LGBT issues. Let's see. They ended DADT, supported not defending DOMA, opposes "religious freedom" laws, put an openly gay man in charge of the US Army.

How awful is that!

Trump also just said Hillary is bringing in Islamic extremists into the country.

So much for Donald changing.

Last edited:
Back