• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

Apparently this guy's divorce was based on violent spousal abuse. His ex-wife has stated this to NBC. How can such an abuser get a gun legally?

Holy fuck are u serious ?

Yes.....

It's the same reason you don't put a headline that says "Black man arrested for selling drugs." But in this case, it turned out that there may be a link so it's appropriate

Per WFDD Twitter: This will be the 15th time Obama will address the American people about a domestic mass shooting incident.

Apparently the shooter called 911 prior to the attack to pledge allegiance to ISIS. Had been part of FBI investigations twice. This per CNN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there are no concrete solutions aside from "thoughts and prayers" that's basically acceptance.

Compare the response to a mass shooting to the response to a terrorist attack.

Wait how was this not a terrorist attack?

Looks like the religion of peace was back to work.

Last edited:
I feel like the term "terrorism" is applied very inconsistently. If this was really because he hated gay people, and just wanted to hurt them, than I wouldn't call it terrorism per se. If it was intended to scare the gay community into hiding or influence people or as a greater attack on our freedom, I would call it terrorism. This was pretty clearly terrorism.

The answer to stopping these lone wolf terrorists is to make it harder for them to get weapons that can inflict mass casualties. If only Republicans would get tough on terror and take action

The answer to stopping these lone wolf terrorists is to make it harder for them to get weapons that can inflict mass casualties. If only Republicans would get tough on terror and take action

Those weapons are the only things that keep us safe.

I don't care what this guy's motivation was - radical Islam, LGBT hate, mental illness, general asshole, whatever. The fact that he had access to an assault weapon is the problem.

No doubt Trump uses this to lock up the election. I wouldn't put it past him to have funded it.
As much as I hate to say it, this might be an area where he could do some good. Obama, for all his anti-gun talk, hasn't done jack shit. Somehow he manages to overhaul 15% of the economy in face of all logic, not to mention circumvent all applicable bankruptcy laws, but he fails miserably on the one thing that he allegedly stands for that could do some good. What a fucking loser.

What if you were seriously just there to support a friend. Darkest curb your enthusiasm episode ever.

Yes. That would be a dark episode of Curb.

No doubt Trump uses this to lock up the election. I wouldn't put it past him to have funded it.
As much as I hate to say it, this might be an area where he could do some good. Obama, for all his anti-gun talk, hasn't done jack shit. Somehow he manages to overhaul 15% of the economy in face of all logic, not to mention circumvent all applicable bankruptcy laws, but he fails miserably on the one thing that he allegedly stands for that could do some good. What a fucking loser.

What should he have done that he can do?

I've read some stupid shit, but this takes the cake.

I don't care what this guy's motivation was - radical Islam, LGBT hate, mental illness, general asshole, whatever. The fact that he had access to an assault weapon is the problem.

Uhhh, no it isn't. I'm all for gun regulation, but Happy Land killed more gays than this just with gasoline. If you want to take out a bunch of people, there are plenty of ways to do it.

Back