• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

oh, gee, in this country? Haven't the slightest how someone in America might come to take issue with the gay community cause CERTAINLY none of our leaders or citizens try to demonize them as perverted child rapists.

I doubt it will turn out his motivation had anything to do with the rhetoric surrounding HB 2, but maybe.

BSF is officially the most Republican Bernie Bro

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, how many people were killed by the Boston bombing? Like 3 right? You're making my point for me

How many were killed by McVeigh? How many were killed in the bombing back in the twenties? He could have set off a bomb in the middle of a packed club and probably killed dozens I'd imagine. And once again, you're overlooking the fact I said easy access to assault weapons is part of the problem.

oh, gee, in this country? Haven't the slightest how someone in America might come to take issue with the gay community cause CERTAINLY none of our leaders or citizens try to demonize them as perverted child rapists.

So it is republicans fault this guy got so radicalize he shot up a night club? Come on man.

How many fertilizer bombs were used in a mass killing this week? If the answer is less than 7, well...

2/95 years = 0.00045 fertilizer bomb attacks/week

How many were killed by McVeigh? How many were killed in the bombing back in the twenties? He could have set off a bomb in the middle of a packed club and probably killed dozens I'd imagine. And once again, you're overlooking the fact I said easy access to assault weapons is part of the problem.

Yeah, but there's a reason why those are few and far between while shootings with AR-15s happen all the time. It's not like if we banned AR-15s that all the people who would have committed mass shootings will just build a McVeigh bomb. That's beyond the skill of most people.

It's not part of the problem. It is the problem.

Yeah, but there's a reason why those are few and far between while shootings with AR-15s happen all the time. It's not like if we banned AR-15s that all the people who would have committed mass shootings will just build a McVeigh bomb. That's beyond the skill of most people.

It's not part of the problem. It is the problem.

No, ideology/motivation is a big part of the problem. How many assault weapons are in the hands of Americans- millions? We're not going to start seizing guns on a massive scale and most people who own these guns are not murderers. We need to do a better job of identifying the people who are most likely to pose a risk and stopping them from owning these weapons. Apparently this guy had been looked at by the FBI and was on their radar. Yet he was still able to get these weapons.

The Boston bombers didn't use the same weapon did they? The single biggest domestic mass killing before this one was a bomb wasn't it- back in the twenties. Timothy McVeigh didn't use a gun.

So, it happens far less than mass murder via automatic weapon?

No, ideology/motivation is a big part of the problem. How many assault weapons are in the hands of Americans- millions? We're not going to start seizing guns on a massive scale and most people who own these guns are not murderers. We need to do a better job of identifying the people who are most likely to pose a risk and stopping them from owning these weapons. Apparently this guy had been looked at by the FBI and was on their radar. Yet he was still able to get these weapons.

How about the ideologies of all the toddlers involved in gun-related deaths? Damn radicalized 4 year olds!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!

Do you understand how hard it is to identify potential lone wolf terrorists? To do so really effectively, you'd have to infringe a bunch of civil liberties. So why are those less important than the "liberty" to own an assault rifle?

Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn't he should immediately resign in disgrace!

Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn't he should immediately resign in disgrace!

I really hope you're not citing this approvingly

Dude just stop

Do you understand how hard it is to identify potential lone wolf terrorists? To do so really effectively, you'd have to infringe a bunch of civil liberties. So why are those less important than the "liberty" to own an assault rifle?

Do you realize how impossible it would be to seize all the guns out there? Are you for sane gun policies, policies that will actually lessen gun violence, or not? Making it far more difficult for extremists to own guns seems like a good start.

Dude just stop

Stop what? You don't think a nail bomb set off in the middle of a packed club could kill dozens? You don't agree that assault weapons are part of the problem? What exactly did I say that you disagree with?

Back