• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ban the fucking guns

I guess I've missed the posts where he was instigating. It's easy for a lot of boards posters who share the same beliefs to "team up" on 2-3 others who they don't see eye with. Taking the unpopular stance should be better received around here.

He's certainly taken personal attacks to a level that nobody else on here is going to, so it's hard to have a lot of sympathy

Anyway, it may sound paradoxical, but I'm more convinced than ever that at least some movement will eventually be made on guns. Even some of the gunniest gun nuts on my Facebook page and on here are acknowledging that they would be open to at least some regulation, which is a shift from where they were before.

The shootings aren't going to stop. The pressure will keep building. Something will eventually be done

but what if you're dual-wielding?

tumblr_lidc6k7AE21qbdloto1_500.jpg

Gtfo with the klobbs. If guns in real life were as weak as the klobb, we wouldn't be having nearly as many gun control discussions.

Anyway, it may sound paradoxical, but I'm more convinced than ever that at least some movement will eventually be made on guns. Even some of the gunniest gun nuts on my Facebook page and on here are acknowledging that they would be open to at least some regulation, which is a shift from where they were before.

The shootings aren't going to stop. The pressure will keep building. Something will eventually be done

I'm not holding out hope until it happens.

Elementary school kids were murdered and nothing happened. Why this? Why now? Why did it take so long?

Yeah but it was terrible framing because if the discussion was really framed how you said it was, there would be no need for discussion. It would be a no-brainer.

The framing I was providing was not my own - it was how the legal arguments flow under Constitutional analysis when limitations are proposed on individual rights. I'm sorry it is apparently so hard to follow. The arguments I provided on either side were illustrative only - do you understand what that means?

The House just refused to create a bill that states if a complete background hasn't been completed that the gun can't be sold. SC has a law that if the check isn't completed in three days the weapon can be sold. Other states also have such laws.

If this law had been in place, Dylan roof would not have been able to buy that gun before killing those innocent people in Charleston.

This should be a no brainer.

Do you wish he'd stop being assholes to other people for the same reason?

I think it's pretty obvious that BSF was acting absolutely reasonably until he was continuously bullied by the group think leftist assholes on this forum. He only acted out after being virtually attacked on a daily basis. Having said that he did lose his shit in a regrettable way.

Last edited:
He's certainly taken personal attacks to a level that nobody else on here is going to, so it's hard to have a lot of sympathy

At the very least fingerprint technology and smart guns should be a no brainier. These should be standard issue to police departments, police would be much safer if they knew nobody else could discharge their firearm but themselves. In theory it should cut back on police killing civilians.

I think it's pretty obvious that BEF was acting absolutely reasonably until he was continuously bullied by the group think leftist assholes on this forum. He only acted out after being virtually attacked on a daily basis. Having said that he did lose his shit in a regrettable way.

Thanks. Going forward, if someone decides to make it personal and start with nothing but personal attacks I'll just put them on ignore and be done with them- not worth engaging in any sort of back and forth with those folks. And I do regret calling people "retards". It's not part of my regular vocabulary and I shouldn't have used it.

At the very least fingerprint technology and smart guns should be a no brainier. These should be standard issue to police departments, police would be much safer if they knew nobody else could discharge their firearm but themselves. In theory it should cut back on police killing civilians.

Makes way too much sense to make sure government issues firearms can only be used by a select number of people.

Run of the mill Gun Nut Joe isn't really the problem. If you put 100 regular Joes who love their guns in a room to come up with common sense gun laws, they'd come up with something to the left of what we have.

The House just refused to create a bill that states if a complete background hasn't been completed that the gun can't be sold. SC has a law that if the check isn't completed in three days the weapon can be sold. Other states also have such laws.

If this law had been in place, Dylan roof would not have been able to buy that gun before killing those innocent people in Charleston.

This should be a no brainer.

They also refused to vote on another bill that ban sales to people who are on the no fly list.

Why aren't these two ideas voted 435-0 in the House and 100-0 in the Senate?

I can't imagine anything that could be more common sense.

I think it's pretty obvious that BSF was acting absolutely reasonably until he was continuously bullied by the group think leftist assholes on this forum. He only acted out after being virtually attacked on a daily basis. Having said that he did lose his shit in a regrettable way.

<3

They also refused to vote on another bill that ban sales to people who are on the no fly list.

Why aren't these two ideas voted 435-0 in the House and 100-0 in the Senate?

I can't imagine anything that could be more common sense.

Because anybody can be put in the no fly list for any reason. You don't have to be convicted or even suspected of committing a crime to be placed on the no fly list, and there is no clearly defined reasons why people are placed on the no fly list. The government can't arbitrarily decide who does and does not have constitutionally protected rights.

Thanks. Going forward, if someone decides to make it personal and start with nothing but personal attacks I'll just put them on ignore and be done with them- not worth engaging in any sort of back and forth with those folks. And I do regret calling people "retards". It's not part of my regular vocabulary and I shouldn't have used it.

Dude (you won't see this but you will) -- just put everyone but your dad on ignore and be done with it.

Because anybody can be put in the no fly list for any reason. You don't have to be convicted or even suspected of committing a crime to be placed on the no fly list, and there is no clearly defined reasons why people are placed on the no fly list. The government can't arbitrarily decide who does and does not have constitutionally protected rights.

And you can be taken off the list once you find out. It happens all the time.

You didn't say anything about the laws that allow anyone to get a gun if the background check is delayed.

So when will all these badass armed private citizens start stopping mass shootings? What are they waiting for?

Back