• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ban the fucking guns

As of 12 this morning there have been 93 gun deaths and 205 injuries stemming from gun violence in the United States in the last 72 hours...that excludes the Orlando incident (adding 50 deaths and 53 more injuries).

Guns aren't the problem folks.

goddamn it barack, just say "islamic terrorism" already

Obama is just being careful. If you say Radical Islam three times in front of a mirror, it appears. (stolen from twitter).

Rather than playing dumb, you could just say that you don't care how easy it is to legally buy assault rifles.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I am not against gun control, I just find it a little distasteful posting a look at me article moments after a horrible tragedy.

I think we should start addressing handguns before assault weapons though. Handguns are considerably more dangerous to our society as a whole.

I am not against gun control, I just find it a little distasteful posting a look at me article moments after a horrible tragedy.

I think we should start addressing handguns before assault weapons though. Handguns are considerably more dangerous to our society as a whole.

Then I really hope you're not supporting Trump.

(for the record, I have not followed any other thread on here with much interest, so I have no idea who/what you support...)

when is the time then?

when is the time then?
To report a story that a US citizen can purchase a weapon after passing a background check? Probably never, that seems like a non story to me.

A better use of words would be to articulate sensible gun control. Not write things like OMG I can't BELIEVE they didn't make me get a conceal carry license to purchase a fucking rifle. Why in the world you need a conceal carry license for a rifle?

Why not start by making people who own handguns also have conceal carry licenses? Now that actually makes sense.

To report a story that a US citizen can purchase a weapon after passing a background check? Probably never, that seems like a non story to me.

Why is this a non-story? The Orlando shooter was a US citizen who purchased a weapon after passing a background check. I thought we were on board with trying to stop that from happening

Why is this a non-story? The Orlando shooter was a US citizen who purchased a weapon after passing a background check. I thought we were on board with trying to stop that from happening

You are mistaken, as a lot of people on this forum are totally flexible with how due process is applied...

Stop what from happening - the purchase at all or the purchase with the background check? Is your problem with the extent of the background check? I would love to make the background checks more stringent, but recognize that you'd be approaching the sacred PC ground of #profiling. Regardless of criminal history, no guns for any evangelical Christian whites, Muslims, inner-city black males under 40, anyone who calls other people "esse/essay", or anyone purporting to live on a compound.

Stop what from happening - the purchase at all or the purchase with the background check? Is your problem with the extent of the background check? I would love to make the background checks more stringent, but recognize that you'd be approaching the sacred PC ground of #profiling. Regardless of criminal history, no guns for any evangelical Christian whites, Muslims, inner-city black males under 40, anyone who calls other people "esse/essay", or anyone purporting to live on a compound.

Well our "PC" Democrat President tried to expand background checks in 2013, but it was "shot down" (if you will) by the US Senate.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/politics/senate-guns-vote/

I understand that you can't just legally take somebody on the "no-fly" list and revoke their Second Amendment right (if I currently understand how the list is comprised), and it would be interesting to have a discussion as to what the background check entails, but I like to think any expansion of a background check would have severely limited the chance for Omar Mateen to get a gun in this instance.

The only thing disrespectful to the Orlando victims is current debate we are having right now in this country. Debating whether or not our president should have used the term "radical islam" are you fucking serious? Listening to the republican nominee shamelessly blast Hilary and Obama, working to make the country more divided one day at a time. As if banning muslims from entering the country will solve our gun violence problem, my god.

Not debating whether background checks should be expanded, not debating whether military style weapons should be banned, but this shit. Losing faith that we can ever have a constructive debate about gun violence, because it seems like we all assume the worst in each others motives.

The NRA is really awesome at finding distractions from guns after these mass shootings

The NRA is really awesome at finding distractions from guns after these mass shootings

Letting loose that gator was brilliant.

"Guns don't kill toddlers. Gators kill toddlers."

Back