• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ban the fucking guns

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_o7hktqjPDc1qak3om_500.gif

Laughing-Meme-Gif-07.gif

ywpPHgu.gif

ITC is right, not going to happen. Much easier to get some intelligent Supreme Court judges, like Stevens, who will properly interpret the actual meaning of the 2d amendment.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZD.html

yeah. i think the article on repeal makes one really good point though, which is that the Founders never had to weigh the risk that one person could kill 49 people and wound 53 in a few minutes time. Mel Gibson's hatchet action in The Patriot notwithstanding, the Founders could never have conceived of that kind of carnage. Good elitist slaveowners that they were, they would never have wanted some poor unlanded peasant, much less a Mohammetan or, God forbid, a slave, to get their hands on a weapon that could do such things.

yeah. i think the article on repeal makes one really good point though, which is that the Founders never had to weigh the risk that one person could kill 49 people and wound 53 in a few minutes time. Mel Gibson's hatchet action in The Patriot notwithstanding, the Founders could never have conceived of that kind of carnage. Good elitist slaveowners that they were, they would never have wanted some poor unlanded peasant, much less a Mohammetan or, God forbid, a slave, to get their hands on a weapon that could do such things.

lol

To report a story that a US citizen can purchase a weapon after passing a background check? Probably never, that seems like a non story to me.

A better use of words would be to articulate sensible gun control. Not write things like OMG I can't BELIEVE they didn't make me get a conceal carry license to purchase a fucking rifle. Why in the world you need a conceal carry license for a rifle?

Why not start by making people who own handguns also have conceal carry licenses? Now that actually makes sense.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish. You mean you just want them to go through that rigorous (depending on state) of a background/skills check before they can own a handgun? The actual CHL is kind of secondary at that point.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish. You mean you just want them to go through that rigorous (depending on state) of a background/skills check before they can own a handgun? The actual CHL is kind of secondary at that point.

well, some states do require a nominal safety course (lulz, spoiler alert: it's a joke)

Last edited:
well, some states do require a nnminal safety course (lulz, spoiler alert: it's a joke)

oh, i'm quite familiar with the "safety course." yes, it's a joke. but still - not sure what WF22 is hoping to accomplish with requiring the CHL w/ purchase of handgun.

oh, i'm quite familiar with the "safety course." yes, it's a joke. but still - not sure what WF22 is hoping to accomplish with requiring the CHL w/ purchase of handgun.

a list of hand gun owners? maybe creating a small barrier to proliferation? I think it's probably worth doing but I don't think it'd be very effective unless the requirements for the license were ratcheted up

a list of hand gun owners? maybe creating a small barrier to proliferation? I think it's probably worth doing but I don't think it'd be very effective unless the requirements for the license were ratcheted up

Right, and I agree that all of that needs to happen (at the very least). I just wasn't sure why he didn't just say THAT, rather than saying 'everyone should be required to get a CHL.'

Earlier, I made a proposition that fixes two problems- people on the no fly list getting guns and clean up the no fly list:

Delay them from buying guns until the appeals pricess is finished
Fund and set up an investigative unit to check these challenges
If you are denied for being on the list, you get an appeal- it will take ten days (three days may not be enough and fifteen may be too many)
If not finished in ten days, another ten days can be granted.
If found to be innocent, you get the gun and get off the no fly and watch lists
If the reason is legit, no guns

This should solve the problem from both sides.

Does the delay of acquiring guns infringe upon their Second Amendment right as an American citizen?

You have to wait three days to take delivery of a hand gun.

Does the delay of acquiring guns infringe upon their Second Amendment right as an American citizen?

My brother was frothing at the mouth a couple of years ago because Obummer was about to sign a treaty with the EU that, as a side effect, would make it marginally more expensive for him to buy German handguns. He actually said that was a infringement of his second amendment rights. I am constantly surprised by what gun absolutists think "infringes" upon their rights.

I put this on the other thread. The first Republican Senator has joined the filibuster- Pat Toomey (PA).

It would create a larger barrier to entry, and slightly more informed users. It was mostly in response to the article saying I can't believe I didn't have to get a CHL license to buy a rifle, which doesn't make much sense.

Back