• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ban the fucking guns

The USSC allowed the CT ban on assault weapons to stand

The USSC allowed the CT ban on assault weapons to stand

I saw that. The article I saw kept using the phrase 'assault weapon' and 'semi-automatic' interchangeably. What is actually banned? All semi-automatic weapons? Or what? Just curious, I really don't know.

All four guns amendments were voted down.

It looks like almost all the endangered Republicans voted against the background check and no fly amendments.

Given that over 80% of the public support both of those, I wonder if the DNC has the cajones to make this a huge part of defeating these incumbents. I doubt it, but it could have enough of an impact to move 2-6% of the vote in very close elections.

Because many are more afraid of the NRA than they believe in their constituents.

Turns our campaign finance reform really may need to occur.

Also, valuing human lives over guns would be a nice thing too. More thoughts and prayers though I'm sure are coming.

Can't wait to talk about this again in two months!!! How many people will die in the next "big" one? Setting an o/u at 29.5. Any takers????

It looks like almost all the endangered Republicans voted against the background check and no fly amendments.

Given that over 80% of the public support both of those, I wonder if the DNC has the cajones to make this a huge part of defeating these incumbents. I doubt it, but it could have enough of an impact to move 2-6% of the vote in very close elections.

It's absurd that the same Republicans who would support banning all Muslims from immigrating are now suddenly worried about the due process rights of people on terrorist watch lists. When have they ever cared about due process for anyone with a remotely possible link to terrorism before?

It's equally absurd that the Democrats are not concerned about the due process issue. Which is why it was nice to see the ACLU stay consistent and oppose the bill. I'm for sure anti-gun, but the due process issues worry me too

Last edited:
It's absurd that the same Republicans who would support banning all Muslims from immigrating are now suddenly worried about the due process rights of people on terrorist watch lists. When have they ever cared about due process for anyone with a remotely possible to terrorism before?

It's equally absurd that the Democrats are not concerned about the due process issue. Which is why it was nice to see the ACLU stay consistent and oppose the bill. I'm for sure anti-gun, but the due process issues worry me too

I don't know much about the four bills aside from brief write-ups, but it seems like there's the start of one good bill in there if enough people got in a room and talked it through.

What I don't get about the background check and no fly amendments is that those should actually protect most pro-gun Republican voters, so I don't understand why the congressmen would vote against it. If you're a pro-gun Republican voter, chances are you already have one or more guns. It's not like you haven't had ample opportunity to already buy some if you want some. So who is this delaying ... 17 year olds and those people who may fall under no-fly restrictions who don't already have guns? Seems like a pretty small number of "good guys" would actually be affected by this. Just general Congressional stupidity all the way around.

It a) might affect their ability to buy even more guns and b) is just one step from Obummer takin' yer guns!

It a) might affect their ability to buy even more guns and b) is just one step from Obummer takin' yer guns!

Your racist diction aside, I don't think most actual pro-gun Republican voters believe that. I think it is more Congressional stupidity than voter stupidity.

Back