• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ban the fucking guns

This is why we can't have nice things. Coming up with all the arguments is not my job, I was just trying to frame the discussion and make sure people understand how it really works when you try to enact limitations on individual rights. Of course people ignore that part of my contribution and focus on all same old point, counterpoint stuff

Why is it not your job to come up with arguments justifying your position? That's what everyone else is doing

Lazy, lazy. What does this even mean? There should be laws limiting axe purchases to lumberjacks? You have to pass a musical test to buy a trumpet? Throwing smartass comments like this into the mix does not further the discussion.

Constitutionally, yes, the AR-15 should be in the hands of anyone who wants one; unless a compelling case can be made that the benefit to the public good of limiting the purchase of such devices outweighs any taking of individual freedoms that results from such a limit - and that the limit is the least restrictive act that can be taken to achieve such a result. Of course then you get into the sticky wicket of how is an AR-15 different from any other semi-automatic weapon, for these purposes.
That argument has already been made and won with respect to fully automatic weapons. Now we are just talking about moving the line.

Well, the AR-15 is very scary looking, so there is that.

Junebug, if someone walked into your place of business with an AR-15, would you hide and call 911 or go up and shake his hand as a fellow gun owner?

For a gun owner, a semi-automatic weapon is attractive for many reasons. Target shooters may shoot many, many rounds and may tire of operating a bolt or a lever action or it may be difficult for them for some reason. For hunters, when a second shot is needed the time necessary to operate a bolt or a lever action or whatever may allow an animal to escape - and could even cause a wounded animal to escape and die a long and painful death. Non hunters and non target shooters easily poo-poo these arguments as unimportant.

Serious question. Are you a hunter?

Outside of bird hunting with a semi-automatic shotgun, you are far more likely to cause an animal to suffer if you are shooting at it with a semi-automatic weapon where you don't have to think when you are pulling the trigger. One of the first rules you learn in hunter's safety class is that you need to have a clear and confirmed kill shot before you even consider taking an animal's life. You don't improve the lethality of your weapon by putting more rounds into the magazine. You do that by choosing the appropriate caliber long rifle for whatever you are hunting and making sure you are hitting vitals. If, by chance, you miss and the animal is wounded, you put it out of its misery with the same weapon you used to shoot it, or with a revolver. The image of a hunter firing his 9mm in rapid succession at an escaping wounded animal is honestly laughable.

This poor bastard retaliatory negged me twice within a 13 hour span. Bless his heart.

"cuck"

Full disclosure! My neg rep that instigated him telling us all that he has a small penis.

This poor bastard retaliatory negged me twice within a 13 hour span. Bless his heart.

"cuck"

Full disclosure! My neg rep that instigated him telling us all that he has a small penis.

I love that you were bothered enough to post this. :D

Serious question. Are you a hunter?

Outside of bird hunting with a semi-automatic shotgun, you are far more likely to cause an animal to suffer if you are shooting at it with a semi-automatic weapon where you don't have to think when you are pulling the trigger. One of the first rules you learn in hunter's safety class is that you need to have a clear and confirmed kill shot before you even consider taking an animal's life. You don't improve the lethality of your weapon by putting more rounds into the magazine. You do that by choosing the appropriate caliber long rifle for whatever you are hunting and making sure you are hitting vitals. If, by chance, you miss and the animal is wounded, you put it out of its misery with the same weapon you used to shoot it, or with a revolver. The image of a hunter firing his 9mm in rapid succession at an escaping wounded animal is honestly laughable.

lol

But seriously, what's the problem? You have to know you're fat, you've admitted in the past you're not very bright, ie, retarded, and you clearly act like a cuck with this fantasy "footie" bullshit, where you constantly spooge over your favorite soccer players. And most importantly, everyone knows you're a gigantic douchebag. Even you would probably admit that. And yes, I used the word "retarded" again; cue the feigned outrage from you and the other ultra-pc morons who are constantly looking to be offended and sanctimonious.

I've noticed how a lot of the Hillary supporters/pc-crowd love to act like complete assholes and throw out the insults but when you act like a dickhead back to them they flip out and start with the negative rep, crying about how I should be limited to my own thread/banned, etc. I encourage any fair minded person to go through this thread or some of the others and see the amount of abuse I put up with on a daily basis- simply because I don't tow the line when it comes to conventional political thought on here. That's cool, I'm all for free speech. Insult away. I usually just put the idiot on ignore and move on since they usually have nothing to add other than their outrage/insults. But here's a heads up for some of you morons- you act like a complete cocksucker to me, like doughy dv7 or retarded milhouse did, and I might occasionally respond in kind. The idea of the poll, which admittedly I would've lost since it'd be nothing but a popularity contest, is off. I enjoy being a thorn in your sides and am sticking around until you babies get the mods to ban me. So get to work with that whining to the mods and negging you hypocritical pieces of shit.

I've noticed how a lot of the Hillary supporters/pc-crowd love to act like complete assholes and throw out the insults but when you act like a dickhead back to them they flip out and start with the negative rep, crying about how I should be limited to my own thread/banned, etc. I encourage any fair minded person to go through this thread or some of the others and see the amount of abuse I put up with on a daily basis- simply because I don't tow the line when it comes to conventional political thought on here. That's cool, I'm all for free speech. Insult away. I usually just put the idiot on ignore and move on since they usually have nothing to add other than their outrage/insults. But here's a heads up for some of you morons- you act like a complete cocksucker to me, like doughy dv7 or retarded milhouse did, and I might occasionally respond in kind. The idea of the poll, which admittedly I would've lost since it'd be nothing but a popularity contest, is off. I enjoy being a thorn in your sides and am sticking around until you babies get the mods to ban me. So get to work with that whining to the mods and negging you hypocritical pieces of shit.

Eh, you gotta let this stuff go. Issue/message/messager management is critically important when your policies fail as epically as theirs do. If you had to defend Hillary, wouldn't you be a little jumpy? Consider the sources. I wouldn't worry too much about the feedback from soccer fans or vegetarians.

Eh, you gotta let this stuff go. Issue/message/messager management is critically important when your policies fail as epically as theirs do. If you had to defend Hillary, wouldn't you be a little jumpy? Consider the sources. I wouldn't worry too much about the feedback from soccer fans or vegetarians.
I'm vegan.
:couch:

And I do let it go for the most part- I've only responded to a tiny percentage of the insults I've received. Just think it's weird when people act like complete assholes to other people and then get bent out of shape when someone is a dick back to them.

And I do let it go for the most part- I've only responded to a tiny percentage of the insults I've received. Just think it's weird when people act like complete assholes to other people and then get bent out of shape when someone is a dick back to them.

Just learn to recognize the sights and sounds of insecurity, and you'll be fine. Hint: You'll find a few around here.

As the managing editor of BUTTHURT AFICIONADO, I have developed something of a grading continuum to help distinguish between posters who quietly feel sheepish about how much they are letting their male ancestors down with their current level of soccer fandom (probably ITC), to the posters who clearly can't throw a spiral (definitely mdmh), to the frustrated souls wistfully remembering happier times when they didn't have to cry in front of their girlfriends at movies (I've got Strick slotted here; I still have hope for that kid) on up to the weapons-grade baseless arrogance of undepheated.

The point is, this is the internet and the internet is the platform for everyone's wounded inner child to roar for attention. Let them roar. It does them good and the venting surely must make them better husbands, fathers, co-workers and friends. Try not to take it all so seriously. For all of their diverse and well-defined shortcomings, these people are still fellow Wake fans. How bad could they really be?

bsf loves calling people retarded. that says a lot.

Reactions: DG3
Just learn to recognize the sights and sounds of insecurity, and you'll be fine. Hint: You'll find a few around here.

As the managing editor of BUTTHURT AFICIONADO, I have developed something of a grading continuum to help distinguish between posters who quietly feel sheepish about how much they are letting their male ancestors down with their current level of soccer fandom (probably ITC), to the posters who clearly can't throw a spiral (definitely mdmh), to the frustrated souls wistfully remembering happier times when they didn't have to cry in front of their girlfriends at movies (I've got Strick slotted here; I still have hope for that kid) on up to the weapons-grade baseless arrogance of undepheated.

The point is, this is the internet and the internet is the platform for everyone's wounded inner child to roar for attention. Let them roar. It does them good and the venting surely must make them better husbands, fathers, co-workers and friends. Try not to take it all so seriously. For all of their diverse and well-defined shortcomings, these people are still fellow Wake fans. How bad could they really be?

Lots of big words from a coward

Back