• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ban the fucking guns

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Our founders would never have allowed the second amendment to rape our society. Fuck all you gun owners. We are sick diseased society. The west is shocked by our ignorance. Kill some more people.

Since then revolution, has a citizen ever used a gun to stand up against the Federal government's policies and/or actors and was subsequently vindicated?

There is absolutely no need for ANYONE to own a gun that can discharge more than a single shot at a time. I get our history, I get the second amendment. I get guns don't kill people, people kill people. STOP. Go hunting, go to the range. Protect yourself if your licensed, follow a substantial waiting period, etc. Go for it, I get it. But I will never get why anyone besides law enforcement needs a weapon that discharges hundreds of rounds a minute.
This shit has to stop.

Our founders would never have allowed the second amendment to rape our society. Fuck all you gun owners. We are sick diseased society. The west is shocked by our ignorance. Kill some more people.

In.

Fuck this shit.

It won't. It requires people who can do something to care more about others than their own selfish ambitions. So forget it.

Does anybody think that if guns were not banned after the massacre of children in school, they will be banned after a mass murder in a gay night club?

Does anybody think that if guns were not banned after the massacre of children in school, they will be banned after a mass murder in a gay night club?

Oh, obviously not.

As I said in the other thread, we as a society are OK with this. We are OK with mass shootings. We have accepted them as part of our national culture and will take no concrete steps to lessen their number. This is what we've chosen for ourselves.

You realize that the only person with the political capital and balls to get this done is Trump, right? Obama failed miserably at it (as he has with virtually everything), and Hillary sure as shit can't do it. So would you vote for Trump if it meant he could implement sensible gun regulations?
Because if he can spin this (which I imagine he might try to do once he gets the nomination), then that is what he is going to run on in the general.

He's trying to get rid of Muslims not guns.

Now, because that's what gets him the nomination. But dude isn't stupid. Once he gets the nomination he'll switch focus to something that could win him the election.

Let's dispel with the notion that Donald Trump doesn't know what he's doing; he knows exactly what he's doing.

Now, because that's what gets him the nomination. But dude isn't stupid. Once he gets the nomination he'll switch focus to something that could win him the election.

Trump already has the delegates required for the nomination. You think if he started to pivot for the general before the convention and talked about sensible gun control that they would THEN try to steal the nomination from him?

For the ban-guns crowd, what changed in our culture since 1789 that has the caused the fear of not-having-guns (1789) to be overtaken by the fear of having guns (2016)? I am trying to figure out for myself whether---at a practical level--- we tackle the "mass" first (in terms of stifling access to technology) or the "shootings" part (where to even begin)?

For the ban-guns crowd, what changed in our culture since 1789 that has the caused the fear of not-having-guns (1789) to be overtaken by the fear of having guns (2016)? I am trying to figure out for myself whether---at a practical level--- we tackle the "mass" first (in terms of stifling access to technology) or the "shootings" part (where to even begin)?

Since then revolution, has a citizen ever used a gun to stand up against the Federal government's policies and/or actors and was subsequently vindicated?

bueller?

What has changed:

1. There is no more frontier but there is urbanization. In an urban setting guns are much more likely to be harmful than beneficial.

2. Firearms available to the public are pretty much useless, if not suicidal, for defense of liberty against the armed forces of the United States.

3. The majority no longer know how to use guns safely.

4. Women can vote and most don't care for guns.

Back