• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

islam

the Dothraki and college athletics is all we can come up with ?

Clearly a cause for concern, but the last sentence is very interesting as well:

"I didn't see Islam. Just lost boys for whom life was too great of a burden."

Just because the reporter is dismissive of their religious beliefs and paints them as naive, does not mean it's not a form of Islam that fuels them. There are any number of reasons why they choose to go down the path they do, but the commonality is it's a form of Islam which leads them to believe mass murder is justified, noble, and they'll be rewarded with women and a winged horse after they die.

Just because the reporter is dismissive of their religious beliefs and paints them as naive, does not mean it's not a form of Islam that fuels them. There are any number of reasons why they choose to go down the path they do, but the commonality is it's a form of Islam which leads them to believe mass murder is justified, noble, and they'll be rewarded with women and a winged horse after they die.

I am not going to pretend that I have any idea what goes on in the head of somebody willing to blow themselves up, but I highly doubt the fact that they are promised women and a winged horse has much (if anything) to do with them carrying out their acts.

I am not going to pretend that I have any idea what goes on in the head of somebody willing to blow themselves up, but I highly doubt the fact that they are promised women and a winged horse has much (if anything) to do with them carrying out their acts.

Did you watch the vids? The one guy seemed rapturous recounting how wonderful their afterlife is gonna be.

I don't think that article makes much of a case about islam in particular. it does paint a disturbing picture of a minority that is completely alienated from French culture and willing to act out violently. We have "Christians" here in the united states that engage in the same kind of loose talk about insurrection and killing and arm themselves heavily (and completely legally) in preparation for race wars and "tyranny". I'm not saying Islam is absent from the picture, it's definitely an element, just as an obsession with the Book of Revelations is an element in a lot of the radical heavily armed Christians here. What is the point of all these posts, anyway? Are you trying to convince someone that radical Islam is a problem? OK, stipulated. Are you trying convince someone that radical Islam or radicalized Muslims are somehow worse or more dangerous than other heavily armed religious crazies? They certainly seem to be, although there are some crazy violent Hindus in South Asia and the more radical Jewish settler sects in Israel make things hard on everybody. So what? What's the end game of this thread? What is the BobStackFan policy response to all this that is not currently being implemented?

I don't think that article makes much of a case about islam in particular. it does paint a disturbing picture of a minority that is completely alienated from French culture and willing to act out violently. We have "Christians" here in the united states that engage in the same kind of loose talk about insurrection and killing and arm themselves heavily (and completely legally) in preparation for race wars and "tyranny". I'm not saying Islam is absent from the picture, it's definitely an element, just as an obsession with the Book of Revelations is an element in a lot of the radical heavily armed Christians here. What is the point of all these posts, anyway? Are you trying to convince someone that radical Islam is a problem? OK, stipulated. Are you trying convince someone that radical Islam or radicalized Muslims are somehow worse or more dangerous than other heavily armed religious crazies? They certainly seem to be, although there are some crazy violent Hindus in South Asia and the more radical Jewish settler sects in Israel make things hard on everybody. So what? What's the end game of this thread? What is the BobStackFan policy response to all this that is not currently being implemented?

I don't think Hindus in France or the US pose much of a problem, though there are clearly some issues with nationalist Hindus in India. To try and minimize what these young men are planning to do as "loose talk" strikes me as foolish. As far as what's the "end game" of this thread, I'm not sure what you mean. It's a message board and people make posts in a thread titled "Islam". Is that problematic for you? I also don't know what you're trying to get at here:
"What is the BobStackFan policy response to all this that is not currently being implemented?"
What would I do to lessen the threat posed by radical Islam? I would pull back militarily from the Middle East/Africa and let them sort their own shit out. Humanitarian aid would still be available. I would start protecting our borders and cut way back on immigration. I would get much more serious about gun control. You can mever get the threat to zero, but you can certainly start to lessen it. As far as radical Christians/New Black Panthers/other home grown radicals,let law enforcement legally do whatever they can to minimize the threats posed by these groups.

I read his posts as statements that people of the Islamic faith fail to assimilate into western culture after immigrating, and pose continued dangers to Western lifestyles. I could be wrong though.

Back