• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

islam

What do these 7 countries that execute atheists all have in common?

But hey, Westboro Baptist Church is proof Christians in the US are just as much of a problem... :rolleyes:

57094644.jpg

Christianity isn't spawning extremism any more for the most part, I'll give you that.

Conspicuous consumption and consumerism run amok spawns as many civilian casualties as Muslim extremism though, and it is wholly and blindly supported by the Christians in America.

Christianity isn't spawning extremism any more for the most part, I'll give you that.

Conspicuous consumption and consumerism run amok spawns as many civilian casualties as Muslim extremism though, and it is wholly and blindly supported by the Christians in America.

Christianity isn't spawning extremism anymore for the most part? I'm guessing that LGBTQ folks would disagree with that statement.

Christianity isn't spawning extremism anymore for the most part? I'm guessing that LGBTQ folks would disagree with that statement.

I said for the most part, and I should have included the term violent. You make a good point, I was trying to concede with the Christians a little bit there to make my point about our military excursions that rip innocent people's lives apart for strategic energy er I mean interests, and while the Jews practice apartheid on the Palestinians.

But point taken

Last edited:
I said for the most part, and I should have included the term violent. You make a good point, I was trying to concede with the Christians a little bit there to make my point about our military excursions that rip innocent people's lives apart for strategic energy er I mean interests, and while the Jews practice apartheid on the Palestinians.

But point taken

I'll add that - barring belief in a grand Jewish conspiracy - a lot of the state sanctioned apartheid in Israel/Palestine is being supported by Congress. There aren't many Jews in Congress (and "our" mainstream lobby is one of many advocating for the same type of Israel/Palestine policy), so there is likely a Christianity-motivated component to the $2 billion we're throwing at Israel in military aid. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point, though.

Horseshit. And really rich coming from an American who agrees with military adventures in foreign lands that kill innocents to protect "interests." Fucking laughable

You are baking and posting again. I am sure you have me confused with someone else.

One group feels justified in committing murder if you disagree with them. The other group will pray that you see the light.

Seems like a principled distinction to me.

If that were actually how the religions were, then yes, I'd agree.

Intolerance of outsider, even to the point of violence, isn't exclusive to Islam. That's where I'm coming from with the difference degree, not kind, idea.

Two things can both be true at the same time. One does not have to be false for the other to be true. We have a radical Islam problem. We also have a Christianity problem.

Not even close to the same thing in terms of threat.!o suggest so is dangerous and an attempt to minimize the problem we are facing.

Not even close to the same thing in terms of threat.!o suggest so is dangerous and an attempt to minimize the problem we are facing.

The Orlando shooting does not appear to be the work of radical Islam. As a lot of outlets have reported already, Mateen's profile more closely resembles those of school and office shooters. While there is a problem with radical/fundamentalist Islam, the Orlando shooting just doesn't fit the profile, no matter how badly Clinton, Trump, and their supporters want to believe it. San Bernardino and Ft. Hood, yes, but not Orlando.

As to the Christianity problem, you'll probably feel differently about it based on your identity. To LGBTQ Americans and their families, the Christianity problem is probably quite real and pressing.

Two things can both be problems, of varied degrees.

I'll add that - barring belief in a grand Jewish conspiracy - a lot of the state sanctioned apartheid in Israel/Palestine is being supported by Congress. There aren't many Jews in Congress (and "our" mainstream lobby is one of many advocating for the same type of Israel/Palestine policy), so there is likely a Christianity-motivated component to the $2 billion we're throwing at Israel in military aid. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point, though.

No misunderstanding. The congressional complicity and aid to the Jewish state is grounded in the Christian imperative to preserve Israel for Jesus' return. Billions spent for the supernatural godMan to return and save souls.

And Christians and Americans are incredulous when they fight back in the name of their supernatural being and Bill Maher rants.

Cue the wakeandbake is a terrorist sympathizer tag.

The Orlando shooting does not appear to be the work of radical Islam. As a lot of outlets have reported already, Mateen's profile more closely resembles those of school and office shooters. While there is a problem with radical/fundamentalist Islam, the Orlando shooting just doesn't fit the profile, no matter how badly Clinton, Trump, and their supporters want to believe it. San Bernardino and Ft. Hood, yes, but not Orlando.

As to the Christianity problem, you'll probably feel differently about it based on your identity. To LGBTQ Americans and their families, the Christianity problem is probably quite real and pressing.

What else would this guy need to do for you to see the connection to ISIS?

ISIS wants people to attack where they are and kill as many as they can. Seems exactly what this guy did and he attributes it to ISIS. Pretty hard to see this any other way.

No misunderstanding. The congressional complicity and aid to the Jewish state is grounded in the Christian imperative to preserve Israel for Jesus' return [which both mistakenly conflates modern Israelis with Israelites and is based on a narrow eschatological interpretation of a system of belief that has only gained prominence since the late 1800s, but unfortunately is the nom de guerre of the political Christian Right]. Billions spent for the supernatural godMan to return and save souls.

And Christians and Americans are incredulous when they fight back in the name of their supernatural being and Bill Maher rants.

Cue the wakeandbake is a terrorist sympathizer tag.

Understand the point, and don't really disagree, but nuance is important, nearly essential, to me

So, you're willing to demonize a religion that you have never experienced for yourself?

I might be "just not smart," but at least I'm not willfully ignorant.

Where have I demonized Islam? I think they are wrong but I don't think I have demonized them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should try living under Sharia law.

Back