• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

islam

They should try living under Sharia law.

GTFO.

LGBTQ folks already live in a country where a fairly large percentage of legislators and an army of lobbyists work diligently to undermine their civil rights on a daily basis, where hundreds of transfolks are murdered yearly for being trans (with next to zero press coverage), where thousands of LGBTQ youth are homeless after being kicked out of their homes and churches, and where a gunman can end 51 lives for no other reason than he hated LGBTQ folks. Hell, until recently, LGBTQ folks couldn't get married, couldn't get their partners' pensions if they died, and couldn't visit their partners on their death bed as family.

Nobody should have to live in that type of society, let alone under Sharia law.

Where have I demonized Islam? I think they are wrong but I don't think I have demonized them.

You don't see your posts on these threads as demonizing Islam in any sense? If not yours, then you don't see posts from [others on this board] as demonizing Islam?

Would you like these folks saying the same things about Christianity? What do you mean that you think they're wrong? How can a religion be wrong? You really think that your belief system is any more or less legitimate than theirs is? Or mine is for that matter?

ETA: I'm sorry, Wrangor. Demonize is the wrong word for this thread and it shouldn't have been aimed at you. I guess I'm more responding to a general sentiment on this board and in the article in the OP. I also think that saying that you think Islam is wrong and that you have no interest in learning more about it by attending a service reminds me a lot of the way that teenage me felt about Christianity after growing up around a lot of horrible Christian people. Maybe demonize is the wrong word for this thread (for which I'll happily take the L [TM, for jhmd] and I'm not a search function wizard like OGB, but there is plenty of demonizing Islam on this board. It's not coming from you, though, and I'm sorry.

ETA: I removed the names in the post above for the sake of Junebug's blood pressure. I'm sorry if I misconstrued your opinions of Islam.

Last edited:
You don't see your posts on these threads as demonizing Islam in any sense? If not yours, then you don't see posts from the likes of Junebug, knowell, jhmd, sailordeac, deacs89, etc. as demonizing Islam?

Would you like these folks saying the same things about Christianity?

What do you mean that you think they're wrong? How can a religion be wrong? You really think that your belief system is any more or less legitimate than theirs is? Or mine is for that matter?

ETA: I guess I'm more responding to a general sentiment on this board and in the article in the OP, but I also think that saying that you think Islam is wrong and that you have no interest in learning more about it by attending a service reminds me a lot of the way that teenage me felt about Christianity after growing up around a lot of horrible Christian people. Maybe demonize is the wrong word for this thread (for which I'll happily take the L [TM, for jhmd] and I'm not a search function wizard like OGB, but there is plenty of demonizing Islam on this board. If it's not coming from you, then I'm sorry.

Hey Strick, fuck off. Find a post where I've demonized Islam.

If you aren't capable of remembering what posters have posted about (and you manifestly are not), maybe you should stop using posters' names.

You don't see your posts on these threads as demonizing Islam in any sense? If not yours, then you don't see posts from the likes of Junebug, knowell, jhmd, sailordeac, deacs89, etc. as demonizing Islam?

Would you like these folks saying the same things about Christianity?

What do you mean that you think they're wrong? How can a religion be wrong? You really think that your belief system is any more or less legitimate than theirs is? Or mine is for that matter?

ETA: I guess I'm more responding to a general sentiment on this board and in the article in the OP, but I also think that saying that you think Islam is wrong and that you have no interest in learning more about it by attending a service reminds me a lot of the way that teenage me felt about Christianity after growing up around a lot of horrible Christian people. Maybe demonize is the wrong word for this thread (for which I'll happily take the L [TM, for jhmd] and I'm not a search function wizard like OGB, but there is plenty of demonizing Islam on this board. If it's not coming from you, then I'm sorry.

Nice retaliatory neg rep, asshole. Find the fucking post or shut the fuck up.

Hey Strick, fuck off. Find a post where I've demonized Islam.

If you aren't capable of remembering what posters have posted about (and you manifestly are not), maybe you should stop using posters' names.

Nice retaliatory neg rep, asshole. Find the fucking post or shut the fuck up.

Classy.

I am not claiming that any of the above mentioned posters believe that Islam should be outlawed or that Muslims should not be allowed to practice their religion, which you accused me of doing in your rep.

I am claiming that their posts, some of which are yours, demonize Islam. Demonize means "to portray as wicked and threatening."

That shouldn't be a remotely controversial interpretation given some of the threads on here. There are plenty of examples on the "Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club," "Facebook Gold from Crazies," and "The Islamic Dilemma" threads that support my interpretation.

Last edited:
Classy.

I am not claiming that any of the above mentioned posters believe that Islam should be outlawed or that Muslims should not be allowed to practice their religion, which you accused me of doing in your rep.

I am claiming that their posts, some of which are yours, demonize Islam. Demonize means "to portray as wicked and threatening."

That shouldn't be a remotely controversial interpretation given some of the threads on here. There are plenty of examples on the "Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club," "Facebook Gold from Crazies," and "The Islamic Dilemma" threads that support my interpretation.

Find the post.

Find the post.

I originally posted this above, but decided to make it a separate post. Here are a handful of recent posts:

as Maher (who I'm not particularly a fan of) points out, other than Islam, what faith today advocates physical violence against people for what they think?

There are times I want to shake some sense into board donkeys, but I don't think that's what you are talking about.

I don't know how BKF's urination habits are relevant to the discussion, but he's right that someone who thinks republicans' views on the gays and women are similar to those of the Muslim world isn't worth taking seriously on the subject.

The guy that came in second in the GOP presidential primary represents a large segment within the "party."

True, but last I checked he doesn't believe the gays should be executed and women are required to wear a burka.
------

And again, I'm using the following definition of demonize: "to portray as wicked and threatening."

Now, we can either talk about the substance of these posts or you can continue write mean tags about me and say "fuck" a bunch.

ETA: And he said "fuck" a bunch.

Those aren't my fucking tags. Feel free to ask the fucking mods to fucking confirm. I guess others share my fucking opinion of you though.

Those posts don't demonize Islam, you fucking nitwit. Half are jokes and half point out that even conservative Christian views are not as "conservative" as Islamic views. That's not demonization. How about my post in the Islamic Dilemma thread where I said "We have a Muslim problem in this county. It's us."

I guess you missed that one, fuckface.

Go fuck yourself, and then fuck yourself again to make sure it fucking sticks, you fucktard.

Last edited:
I originally posted this above, but decided to make it a separate post. Here are a handful of recent posts:

------

And again, I'm using the following definition of demonize: "to portray as wicked and threatening."

Now, we can either talk about the substance of these posts or you can continue write mean tags about me and say "fuck" a bunch.

Those aren't my fucking tags. Feel free to ask the fucking mods to fucking confirm. I guess others share my fucking opinion of you though.

Those posts don't demonize Islam, you fucking nitwit. Half are jokes and half point out that even conservative Christian views are not as "conservative" as Islamic views. That's not demonization. How about my post in the Islamic Dilemma thread where I said "We have a Muslim problem in this county. It's us."

I guess you missed that one, fuckface.

Go fuck yourself, and then fuck yourself again to make sure it fucking sticks, you fucktard.

All right. I'll remove your name from the original post and perhaps we can have a discussion about the demonization of Islam on these boards. Stay classy, Junebug.

Did Junebug have a stroke? Since when did he start posting like he has tourettes?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The whole irony of the situation to me is people who don't see the clear parallels between Christianity and Islam.

Oh there are definitely clear parallels. There are also major differences. But that doesn't fit nicely on a graph.

The whole irony of the situation to me is people who don't see the clear parallels between Christianity and Islam.

Of course there are some parallels and similarities, but all you need to do is look at how Jews, women, and homosexuals are treated in any Muslim country as opposed to the United States. You keep trying to pretend Christians in the US are just as oppressive, which is nonsense. But it's pointless. You ignore the Pew research showing just how backwards most Muslims are on a whole range of issues. Instead of acknowledging it, you have to jump to this false equivalency and say, "Look at Westboro! More of that Christian tolerance."

Back