• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

islam

what now? well if we are conceding islam bad we are talking about a temporary ban on immigration to the US? you do understand how we got to this conversation right?

ALso i do not think people think islam is bad. I think the liberals want to frame it that way. Unfortunately it is more nuanced than that. WE are concerned abotu the radical element in Islam that has killed americans and threatens to continue to do so.

what now? well if we are conceding islam bad we are talking about a temporary ban on immigration to the US? you do understand how we got to this conversation right?
Temporary? What do we do with all the potential terrorists in the country already?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Temporary? What do we do with all the potential terrorists in the country already?

Violate their First Amendment right because they all cause a potential harm to Homeland Security and deport them all.

Either that or put them in internment camps until this blows over.

Violate their First Amendment right because they all cause a potential harm to Homeland Security and deport them all.

Either that or put them in internment camps until this blows over.

no we shouldn't do anything it might radicalize more peaceful muslims. WE need to get them jobs and crack down on the christians.

Guns are a problem, so we bring in more guns to fix the problem.
Islam is a problem, so we bring in more Muslims to fix the problem.

Should be an easy fix.

Conservatives love to take this issue down a path that leads to condemning Islam whole as a violent religion, rotten at the root. Ok, let's skip all that bullshit - Islam bad, Christianity good, what now?

Unfortunately, I think it is rotten at the root, which is why it"s so problematic.

I dunno, they're all a huge impediment to human advancement. So in that way they're they same

I disagree that Buddhism is an impediment to human advancement, and I'm curious to know why you believe that.

BSF---I'm not sure where you stand on guns, but why do you think Islam as a whole is a bigger issue, and something worthy of being looked at in America over Radical Islamic Terrorism? Because it's fresh?

I know this is consistent with your views on immigration as a whole, so I will give you that. Legitimately curious.

Guns are a problem, so we bring in more guns to fix the problem.
Islam is a problem, so we bring in more Muslims to fix the problem.

Should be an easy fix.

"If banning guns will save just one life we should it."
"If banning Muslims will save just one life we should it."

BSF---I'm not sure where you stand on guns, but why do you think Islam as a whole is a bigger issue, and something worthy of being looked at in America over Radical Islamic Terrorism? Because it's fresh?

I know this is consistent with your views on immigration as a whole, so I will give you that. Legitimately curious.
I want to see a ban on automatic weapons and I think guns in the hands of the mentally ill is a huge problem. I want to see family members whose guns are used somehow held responsible as well (in some instances). There is no way we will see a blanket ban on guns though. I'm opposed to most immigration, not just Muslim, for many reasons.

First line from your Wikipedia article: "Violence in Buddhism refers to Buddhists who perform acts of violence which go against their beliefs of their religion."

So your understanding of a religion - in this case Buddhism - is informed by the actions of people who operate outside the precepts of said religion? That seems problematic.

So in regards to the ban, how do we know who is a Muslim or not, and do we also ban travel to the US? What do we do with the Muslims who are already here? Do we ban them from traveling to other Muslim countries?

I want to see a ban on automatic weapons and I think guns in the hands of the mentally ill is a huge problem. I want to see family members whose guns are used held responsible as well. There is no way we will see a blanket ban on guns though. I'm opposed to most immigration, not just Muslim, for many reasons.

Fair enough.

I don't think we should ban guns, nor Muslims from entering the country. They are both their own separate problem (obviously) with their own adequate answers, and both should have increased scrutiny moving forward.

Increasing background checks on both is a pretty good place to start. I also think banning automatic weapons and assault weapons is a "common sense" answer to a lot of the problems with guns in the country as they relate to mass shootings.

Do we allow Muslims to serve in the military, or to purchase guns?

Back