• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

islam

Other than Ph?

get

Which has killed more innocent people in the past 15 years, Radical Islam or the US Military spreading freedom?

I'm genuinely curious and since you Islam-haters make such a case I assume you know the score by heart.

By the way, I think Islamic extremists are fucking assholes who need to be killed, but I don't think it is the number one issue and I don't think it deserves the blood of thousands of American servicemen and the 5 trillion we have spent on it already.

So one of you, any one of you, quantify and justify the 1) human death toll (including US servicemen and women) and 2) the cost (including ongoing health care for veterans) of fighting this problem in the manner we are, and which you are ostensibly in support of.

thanks in advance

You can be aware that Islamic Extremism is a real problem that has to be dealt with and not be in favor of military action that requires perpetual occupation of middle eastern countries.

Other than Lindsay Graham and John McCain (and maybe Hillary Clinton), you are unlikely to find much support for the way we have been fecklessly fighting Islamic Extremism.

That doesn't mean it is not a problem.

Hilarious that the response to this thread are the same lib talking points espoused by Rose and destroyed by Maher.

How about Islam vs. Guns.

Which has killed more in America in the past 20 years?

We would all appreciate hearing your fresh ideas on combating middle eastern Islamic extremism, since it's a problem that we can't ignore

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Deaths notwithstanding, even modreate Islam has a pretty poor track record with regard to sexuality and gender.

We would all appreciate hearing your fresh ideas on combating middle eastern Islamic extremism, since it's a problem that we can't ignore

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Would you really? Seems like my sarcasm meter is going to 11.

That pew poll that Bob #2 loves to post about Muslim views worldwide just so happens to also contain data about American Muslims, surprising none of the results are posted because it doesn't fit the narrative being portrayed by people like him. What it does point too is that Muslim Americans and those that immigrate here are not a problem at all. That begs the question what makes here so much better than elsewhere and how do we let other Muslims around the world know that they to can have this in their own country, that is what Maher wants and is correct about.

That pew poll that Bob #2 loves to post about Muslim views worldwide just so happens to also contain data about American Muslims, surprising none of the results are posted because it doesn't fit the narrative being portrayed by people like him. What it does point too is that Muslim Americans and those that immigrate here are not a problem at all. That begs the question what makes here so much better than elsewhere and how do we let other Muslims around the world know that they to can have this in their own country, that is what Maher wants and is correct about.

Can you post the American Muslim data?

How about Islam vs. Guns.

Which has killed more in America in the past 20 years?
Gun accidents happen*, because guns are just tools or instruments like bicycles or cars

*unless the gun is operated by a black man or Muslim, at which point it is a problem that needs to be handled swiftly and severely

The language doesn't leave much to the imagination:

"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the prophet who represents God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged."

or

"A holy man’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death."

or

"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death."

or

"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

or

"Anyone who blasphemes God’s name must be stoned to death by the whole community."

For those who believe in the literal interpretation of religious texts - of course they're going to commit acts of violence in the name of their religion. They're basically commanded to do so in no uncertain terms. I mean, all those passages are from the Bible but still...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sean-patrick-maloney-orlando_us_5767497fe4b015db1bc9b60d?

Openly gay Representative Sean Patrick Maloney, a New York Democrat, didn’t hold back in talking about members of Congress who blocked a vote to protect LGBT rights last week, taking aim squarely at GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), as well as Rep. Rick Allen, a Georgia Republican who, just two weeks before the Orlando massacre, read from Bible verses that condemn homosexuality as “worthy of death.”

“When the guy stood up in their Republican caucus meeting, the morning prayer that they hold, he read Scripture — he read a passage suggesting that gays are worthy of death,” Maloney explained in an interview with me on SiriusXM Progress on Friday, discussing Allen. Republicans had passed an amendment in April to rescind President Obama’s executive order banning discrimination against LGBT people among federal contractors. And Allen and other GOP lawmakers in the month following have continually blocked attempts by Maloney to protect the president’s order.

Back