• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

EU vote-Brexit...what will it mean to us?

And Trump has alienated an overwhelming percentage of non-whites. I'd be stunned if Trump gets 20% of the non-white vote. It basically dooms his candidacy.

Haha that great article dead on. "The end of globalization"

Then "Britain, also famed for its plucky, indomitable national character, will likely prove the world wrong and bypass Europe to work with Asia and America." So continued globalization just without the physical different looking faced immigrant to blame. So maybe it is like the US we can put up a wall we can keep out the Muslims and the Mexicans but the world still turns and manufacturing still gets done in Asia.

Great Britain has been dependent on trade throughout its history because they don't have a lot of natural resources. Scotland has oil and wants to remain in the EU for trade reasons. Educated Londoners have global economic mobility. The U.K. parts that wanted to bolt are equivalent to KS, WV, and KY. Those states may hate CA, TX, NY, and FL, but the former states are homogeneous and in decline and the latter states are growing economically and population wise and are racially and economically diverse.

Conservatives hailed academic super power Arizona State for denying Obama an honorary degree in 2009, but Obama knew AZ was growing and moving toward Dems and WV was in decline and never would.

Conservatives continue to invest in pagers, pay phones, and land lines and can't understand why they'll soon lose the popular vote for the sixth time in the last presidential elections. GOP base pines for a past that is never coming back while screwing themselves even worse in the future.

Yeah yeah yeah, but pagers? Do you consider life alert necklaces to be a form of pager?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yep. The people OWGs want to keep out are already here and can vote.

And they are consistently voting for more free stuff....which the Democrats gladly provide in return for yet more votes.

That wagon gets harder & harder to pull as more and more people decide to ride, leaving fewer and fewer people to pull.

What happens, though, when the Democrats run out of OPM to fund all these giveaway programs?

^the same guy who was on the Bernie train just a few months ago.

Haha that great article dead on. "The end of globalization"

Then "Britain, also famed for its plucky, indomitable national character, will likely prove the world wrong and bypass Europe to work with Asia and America." So continued globalization just without the physical different looking faced immigrant to blame. So maybe it is like the US we can put up a wall we can keep out the Muslims and the Mexicans but the world still turns and manufacturing still gets done in Asia.

Maybe it's talking about a new colonialism. No clue.

^the same guy who was on the Bernie train just a few months ago.

Yeah, well, I'm off of it now. WF millennials have shown me the light and the error of my previous ways with their ridiculous & sheltered outlook on life.

It's no wonder that they feel the way they do. Many of them have spent their whole life riding on that free train of privilege themselves. That's a by-product of a WF education today.....a lot of privileged millennials who lament the plight of the less fortunate while they drive their parents' BMW to their parents' country club. Those people do not represent average Americans. They are a small, privileged outlier who, for the most part, have done little in life other than become self-absorbed with what they are convinced is their superior talent & intellect because they have a degree from WF. I'd love to see resumes of what some of these people who ridicule people like Donald Trump & others with whom they disagree to see what they have actually done in their own lives.

BKF really needs to get off these boards and out of Randelman every once and a while. Though maybe this board skews liberal I'm guessing the majority of the WFU students/grads he's complaining about vote Repub (that was certainly my experience there)

Last edited:
There are plenty of people on these boards half bkf's age that have accomplished more than he has his entire life, his rants are just sad delusions.

Yeah, well, I'm off of it now. WF millennials have shown me the light and the error of my previous ways with their ridiculous & sheltered outlook on life.

It's no wonder that they feel the way they do. Many of them have spent their whole life riding on that free train of privilege themselves. That's a by-product of a WF education today.....a lot of privileged millennials who lament the plight of the less fortunate while they drive their parents' BMW to their parents' country club. Those people do not represent average Americans. They are a small, privileged outlier who, for the most part, have done little in life other than become self-absorbed with what they are convinced is their superior talent & intellect because they have a degree from WF. I'd love to see resumes of what some of these people who ridicule people like Donald Trump & others with whom they disagree to see what they have actually done in their own lives.
Who exactly is allowed to advocate for the poor, besides the poor?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The poor aren't allowed to either because they are riding the wagon not pulling it. Try to keep up with bkf.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I went to WFU on a ROTC scholarship which offset the need for the WFU men's soccer team scholarship. I wouldn't have been there without either. I drove a 77' Suburban into the spots between the Ferraris, BMWs, and Porsches you envision parked behind Luter. I walked into my first class at Wake knowing full well I was probably the least intelligent person present. Were there people in my classes similar to your description of every WFU millennial, absolutely, and Donald Trump (and his "inheritance" of just a million dollars, getting married three times, and bankrupting four companies as a resume) would fit right in.

And they are consistently voting for more free stuff....which the Democrats gladly provide in return for yet more votes.

That wagon gets harder & harder to pull as more and more people decide to ride, leaving fewer and fewer people to pull.

What happens, though, when the Democrats run out of OPM to fund all these giveaway programs?

Our taxman's take is well below OECD average; there's a ton of OPM still to grab

OPM? Seen that a couple of times in the last few days and I am not familiar with that acronym.

Saw an article yesterday talking Brexit and Trump. One of the points, kind of a throwaway line, was that the old right-left parties don't work anymore, it's more about open to the world vs closed off from the world. Interesting way to look at it and I think a lot of truth there. Big elements of US dems and pubs are voting for protectionism and against immigrants, pushing back against elites who want more globalization and immigration, in both parties.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's not about being "closed off to the world". It's about refusing to be suicidal in how you choose to interact with it.

Back