• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

EU vote-Brexit...what will it mean to us?

TheReff

Rod Griffin
Reaction score
As of 10:45 PM, it was 7.6 mill voting to pull out of the EU [52%] and 7.1 mill to stay in the EU [48%].
Not that it matters, but just got back from a 35th wedding anniversary trip to Europe with my wife and friends, and we all turn 60 this year so it was the other big occasion. We drove for 4 days across several countries without having to show passports [except for Switzerland] and then went on an 8 day cruise from Basel to Amsterdam up the Rhine. The 6 of us were the only Americans on the river cruise with the rest being mainly from England/Scotland and Germany although there were 12 countries represented. To a man, not of the Great Britainers wanted to stay in the EU, none could stand Tony Blair, none could stand Hillary Clinton, all wanted to know what the hell was going on with Donald Trump and especially with his hair! We talked with several endlessly at the bar at night. Nice folks and one gal, who was married to an Australian, loved her some Barry Manilow and kept asking me if I knew him. [yea, right]

The best part though was that they got the gal going. One of my fraternity brothers lives in Tennessee. So they said I was from South Canada and he was from North Mexico. They were Scots and hated being called Englanders, so we called them from North England! or Londoners. This ditzy gal was just blown away & couldn't figure it out.....funny.....we kept telling her we were from right in between.....and she wasn't even blonde.

Distrust of the elites and the establishment is profound and growing. Trump's hand is strengthened.

Why? Cause the asshole Brits are flexing their muscles and want to "go at it on their own". Wait until their economy tanks, they will rue the day they even went down this road.

As of 10:45 PM, it was 7.6 mill voting to pull out of the EU [52%] and 7.1 mill to stay in the EU [48%].
Not that it matters, but just got back from a 35th wedding anniversary trip to Europe with my wife and friends, and we all turn 60 this year so it was the other big occasion. We drove for 4 days across several countries without having to show passports [except for Switzerland] and then went on an 8 day cruise from Basel to Amsterdam up the Rhine. The 6 of us were the only Americans on the river cruise with the rest being mainly from England/Scotland and Germany although there were 12 countries represented. To a man, not of the Great Britainers wanted to stay in the EU, none could stand Tony Blair, none could stand Hillary Clinton, all wanted to know what the hell was going on with Donald Trump and especially with his hair! We talked with several endlessly at the bar at night. Nice folks and one gal, who was married to an Australian, loved her some Barry Manilow and kept asking me if I knew him. [yea, right]

The best part though was that they got the gal going. One of my fraternity brothers lives in Tennessee. So they said I was from South Canada and he was from North Mexico. They were Scots and hated being called Englanders, so we called them from North England! or Londoners. This ditzy gal was just blown away & couldn't figure it out.....funny.....we kept telling her we were from right in between.....and she wasn't even blonde.

Wait I eat the acid before I read this, right? I assume that is the decoder ring?

Distrust of the elites and the establishment is profound and growing. Trump's hand is strengthened.

Well said. The people who have been pulling the wagon are getting fed up. The people who have only been riding in it are having a hard time understanding (or accepting) that mindset. To a large extent, this is what has been driving the Trump campaign to successes that nobody imagined possible less than a year ago. Those people don't seem to be able to understand that, either.....passing it off instead with one arrogant insult after another.

And contrary to what many people want to believe, all of this might not yet be over.

Trump tweeting from Scotland about how happy the Scots are to leave, apparently oblivious that 60% of Scots voted to remain and that this may trigger the secession of Scotland. Wonder how border controls at the Scottish border will impact his golf course.

If there was a way to kick him out of Scotland, they would. They hate him there. He promised to create 6000 new jobs and created about 300. He sued the government for putting wind farms near a housing development of his and got laughed out of the Scottish court system. The R & A have excluded Turnberry from The Open rotation for as long as he owns it.

Now my story begins in 19 dickety two. We had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word twenty.

The R & A have excluded Turnberry from The Open rotation for as long as he owns it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/r-a-chief--trump-s-turnberry-is-not-out-of-the-british-open-rotation-005346582-golf.html

Let the R&A be clear: Donald Trump's Turnberry is not out of the British Open rotation.

Meeting with reporters on Monday, R&A chief executive Martin Slumbers said the Scottish resort, which Trump bought in 2014 for $55 million, has not been excluded from hosting future Opens despite the Republican presidential frontrunner's suggestion that Muslims should be temporarily banned from entering the United States.

“That pool has not changed," Slumbers said. "Turnberry is still part of that pool of courses.”

I went there in May. Saw lots of awesome birds and sampled some fantastic whiskey.

I think i would make it a frequent holiday destination if i could afford it in both dollars and time.

I suppose now it'll be even cheaper to visit!

Trump tweeting from Scotland about how happy the Scots are to leave, apparently oblivious that 60% of Scots voted to remain and that this may trigger the secession of Scotland. Wonder how border controls at the Scottish border will impact his golf course.

Every county in Scotland voted to remain in the EU. Oklahoma was the only state where Obama lost every county in 2008 & 2012. Can't imagine any foreign businessman looking to expand in Oklahoma would have publicly praised Obama's election/re-election. Stunning that nobody in Trump's Scottish entourage (including his kids) clued him in to overwhelming support for remaining in the EU within Scotland.

They probably assumed he knew like everybody else following this did.

Back