• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Philly - what to see with limited time?

Mütter Museum, City Hall, and Reading Terminal. You can hit them all in the same trip.

You can take the subway from Reading Terminal to Independence Hall. It's only a couple of stops.

Did D'Alessandro's last week, and it was legit. I ordered the beard-cheese topping, but they swore they didn't know what I was talking about. Must be for locals only.

You can take the subway from Reading Terminal to Independence Hall. It's only a couple of stops.

Its like a 10 minute walk. Pretty much anything in Philly is no more than 20 minutes walking from anything else. If you can find a place to park, you should be good.

If you don't have to, don't take the subway - the regional rail is fine, the subway is gross and filled with undesirables, moreso than most subways.

If you don't have to, don't take the subway - the regional rail is fine, the subway is gross and filled with undesirables, moreso than most subways.

rjkarl.gif
2liv8ld.jpg

Its like a 10 minute walk. Pretty much anything in Philly is no more than 20 minutes walking from anything else. If you can find a place to park, you should be good.

It's about an 8-10 block walk each way 12th & Market to about 4th & Chestnut.

If you walk, get a pretzel from a street vendor and some water ice

Agree on Daleassandros and Old City. If you have half an hour in Old City, the Chemistry Museum is worth checking out-just some old historic chemistry equipment. I like it because I'm a chemist. Anyway, it's pretty small and free if you want (they have a "suggested donation").

Back