• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1997 Wake Forest at East Carolina

That is pretty harsh. As someone who watches old games on YouTube quite regularly to help get me through the off season, I definitely sympathize with him. Are you saying that you never rewatch games?

Yes.

First of all I'm not trolling anyone I'm looking for a copy of said game. Second I know the record with you all well. You guys took the lead in the series during our worst period in history between 2002 and 2005

4-8
1-11
2-10
5-6

While during that time it was the era of Jim Grobe there. With that said wins are wins and you guys lead the series. Kind of sad some of your fans are so sensitive you get butt hurt over a game from almost 20 years ago .

You forgot 2001 - Grobe's first game as WFU head coach, at ECU. Rotated a "blue/white" starting OL and an entire 5 backup OL the entire game.

With wide receiver, Anthony Young, at QB, we won, I believe 21-17. That was outside your "worst period in history" and a lot of fun to watch, since ECU believed they were tiers above.

Also, 2003 or 2004, I believe we won big at home, but that Chris Johnson guy sure was fast.

Grobe was pretty good at beating guys like Chris Johnson, Philip Rivers, Calvin Megatron Johnson, RGIII, Drew Brees, Julius Peppers, Charlie Whitehurst and a bunch of others. I think we lost to the mighty Jay Cutler, though.

Last edited:
I was there also, but just remember it was really hot although the heat didn't bother us until after the first quarter and we lost in a close game. Anyone else remember more of this pivotal game twenty years ago?

I was there also, but just remember it was really hot although the heat didn't bother us until after the first quarter and we lost in a close game. Anyone else remember more of this pivotal game twenty years ago?

I remember the Northwestern game from '97. Think that was my first Wake game.

My first Wake game was Wake versus Maryland in 1977. We lost 35-7 and it wasn't even that close. Right in the middle of a 10 game losing streak.

My first Wake game was Wake versus Maryland in 1977. We lost 35-7 and it wasn't even that close. Right in the middle of a 10 game losing streak.

At least that year started out with a solid win over Furman

I remember that game too. I think that was the year Northwestern was a top 20 team. We sealed the win with a Deangelo Solomon pick at the end of the game. I think that was the guys name.

Another fun game from the late 90s was our win against Ga Tech at the end of the 98-99 season. I remember being way too stoked when they wrote "Aloha Bound" on our old scoreboard at Groves. Good times

Another fun game from the late 90s was our win against Ga Tech at the end of the 98-99 season. I remember being way too stoked when they wrote "Aloha Bound" on our old scoreboard at Groves. Good times

I had dinner at the Landing in Jax the Friday night before the ACC Championship game with a large group of Deacon fans. One table away was the QB of that GT team, Joe Hamilton. It was a good omen.

I remember ECU fans celebrating as if they had just won the natty. It was an ENORMOUS win for their program.

Back