• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 rio olympic thread

Yeah. They need a full shot of the archery stadium. We looked it up. They're aiming at circle under 5 inches in diameter from 70 meters away.

I like how the US Water Polo coach is dressed like the guy from the Garden department at Lowes.

My wife (from Norway) and I were talking about how it's odd that biathlon (cross country skiing plus shooting) exists in the Winter Olympics but that there's nothing similar in the Summer Olympics.

Seriously, why not combine archery and horsebackriding or middle distance running and shooting? I'd watch either of those.

My wife (from Norway) and I were talking about how it's odd that biathlon (cross country skiing plus shooting) exists in the Winter Olympics but that there's nothing similar in the Summer Olympics.

Seriously, why not combine archery and horsebackriding or middle distance running and shooting? I'd watch either of those.

Modern pentathlon does

Seriously, why not combine archery and horsebackriding?

h31.jpg

Modern pentathlon does

I just looked it up and that sounds like a fun sport to watch. I'd still take a pure running and shooting sport as the summer version of biathlon though.

Saw it described that the equivalent of an archer hitting the "gold" is lining up like you're kicking off at an NFL stadium (35 yard line) and hitting the goalpost 75 yards away

My sport crush right now is handball. What a dumb yet amazing sport. It combines the aspects of soccer, lacrosse, basketball, water polo, hockey, and eliminates the defining difficult factor of each of those sports. You can use everything but your feet, you throw a small ball around but you don't need to know how to swim, you run but you can carry the ball and don't use a stick to cradle it. You can substitute on the fly but don't need to know how to skate. You can travel but only if you don't dribble once every three giant steps. It's like a child came up with this to play at free time during recess. It would be way to easy so we will make it you can't enter a 12 foot radius around the opponents goal but you can jump in the air and fly into the region as long as the ball is thrown before you land because that's cool! Just amazing, why isn't this more popular? Where can I play this, how are people bad ever bad at it?

My sport crush right now is handball. What a dumb yet amazing sport. It combines the aspects of soccer, lacrosse, basketball, water polo, hockey, and eliminates the defining difficult factor of each of those sports. You can use everything but your feet, you throw a small ball around but you don't need to know how to swim, you run but you can carry the ball and don't use a stick to cradle it. You can substitute on the fly but don't need to know how to skate. You can travel but only if you don't dribble once every three giant steps. It's like a child came up with this to play at free time during recess. It would be way to easy so we will make it you can't enter a 12 foot radius around the opponents goal but you can jump in the air and fly into the region as long as the ball is thrown before you land because that's cool! Just amazing, why isn't this more popular? Where can I play this, how are people bad ever bad at it?

Skydog Deac has in fact played handball in 3rd grade recess so he won't watch that shit.

MFW I realize I could not show up for work and the world would go on just fine.

05LIFEGUARDSweb1-master768.jpg

Pillow polo was the #1 middle school PE game. I think I could have qualified for the Olympics in pillow polo.

Go ahead goal during USA-Spain water polo happens during a commercial break. Thanks NBC!

I have no idea why the US isn't dominant in handball and rugby.

And they've balanced out the ease of offense by allowing the defense to do everything short of body checking before a penalty is called.

What a great sport.

I have no idea why the US isn't dominant in handball and rugby.

That's because nobody plays handball, seriously it's so simple and there's not even like Rec leagues. If your goalie has a save percentage by stopping 1 in 3 shots they are considered good in handball, 33%, that's how you get to the olympics, handball goalie.

Right. USA handball could just go to NCAA basketball, lacrosse, and other athletes and say "do you want to go to the Olympics?"

Back