• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 rio olympic thread

Guy tries to put out the Olympic torch.
hgonjvp.gif

He was very clearly spraying for mosquitos.

Phelps going to carry the US flag during opening ceremonies on Friday

I really don't have much interest in the games yet. Maybe once something exciting happens I'll start caring. All of the lead-up has been about what a shithole Rio is, and zika, and corruption, and Rusian doping, and who's not going. I think the games should be like every ten years. No way people should be competing in three or four Olympic games. And close down the Winter Olympics altogether.

The lead up to every games is about shitshows and controversies.

So are they scheduling the main events so that they fall into prime time in the US Eastern Time Zone (obviously the only time zone in the world that should really matter)? I don't want to have to be turning shit on at 6pm or the middle of the afternoon.

I really don't have much interest in the games yet. Maybe once something exciting happens I'll start caring. All of the lead-up has been about what a shithole Rio is, and zika, and corruption, and Rusian doping, and who's not going. I think the games should be like every ten years. No way people should be competing in three or four Olympic games. And close down the Winter Olympics altogether.

You shut your whore mouth. I love the Winter Olympics. Especially cross country skiing. I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to summer Olympics

So are they scheduling the main events so that they fall into prime time in the US Eastern Time Zone (obviously the only time zone in the world that should really matter)? I don't want to have to be turning shit on at 6pm or the middle of the afternoon.

A good chunk is. For example, swimming finals will (mostly if not all) be live, but gymnastics will be taped in primetime (I think).

Bookmark this: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/oly...nbc-nbcsn-usa-gymnastics-swimming-track-more/

Scorching hot take. Totally wrong, but at least you're putting it out there.

Olympic Hockey crushes any other Olympic team sport, and single-handedly makes the Winter Olympics viable.

It's hockey's most valuable international prize, displays its best professional athletes, and there is actually some parity (it's not just Women's Soccer or Men's Basketball wiping the floor with everyone; America, FUCK YEAH).

Back