• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 rio olympic thread

How does an athlete go from figure skating to rifle shooting? That's a hell of a 180.

I refuse to acknowledge beach volleyball as an Olympic sport. Olympic sports are not played in bikinis.

Good result against a good French team. I thought France was the 2nd best team at last year's WC. I'm not sure how these brackets work, but I'd like to see a USA/France final

Oppo side from France, but same as Brazil, which could make for a tricky semi -- playing well and fans seem to be rallying behind them. Would be a pretty cool occasion at the Maracana

When she walked out she looked different, much more man-ish. Having said that, with all of the Russian stuff, can anyone really be stupid enough to be tested positive at this point? Exciting races so far.

I must say that although I like gymnastics, not looking forward to the overboard coverage of the women's gymnastics. But I know, tv. On the men's side, the pommel horse and rings always look so incredibly difficulty.

One thing to look for in women's gymnastics is the potential cat fights in the US team. My wife, who coaches gymnastics locally and is friends with some former olympians, tells me that this is Marta Karolyi's last year and that there is major conflict in putting Gabby in the all-around over better qualified gymnasts.

Blond Swiss beach volleyball player is very attractive.

4anis.jpg

Last edited:
One thing to look for in women's gymnastics is the potential cat fights in the US team. My wife, who coaches gymnastics locally and is friends with some former olympians, tells me that this is Marta Karolyi's last year and that there is major conflict in putting Gabby in the all-around over better qualified gymnasts.

Excellent, that increases the interest level!

Hernandez got fucking hosed

but I love Gabby. soooo WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yes I'm serious, quit asking me that. You and I have different Olympic expectations. I would rather watch water polo.

So a different bathing suit makes the difference in terms of if a sport is a sport or not?

So a different bathing suit makes the difference in terms of if a sport is a sport or not?

Forget the bikini reference. Beach volleyball, for me, is boring, not difficult, and not to the level of an Olympic sport. It's a summer X-game.

So I'm watching this volleyball game now. It pales in comparison in interest and drama to any of the swimming or gymnastics or even table tennis I have seen tonight. But that's just me, and I'm old school.

Last edited:
Forget the bikini reference. Beach volleyball, for me, is boring, not difficult, and not to the level of an Olympic sport. It's a summer X-game.

So I'm watching this volleyball game now. It pales in comparison in interest and drama to any of the swimming or gymnastics or even table tennis I have seen tonight. But that's just me, and I'm old school.

agree to disagree then

Not difficult? Really?

You and I can play it. Can you swim 800 meters? Ride the pommel? Box? Dive from the 10 meter platform? Fence? Ride 150 kilometers on a bike? Greco-Roman wrestle? Etc. That's what I mean by the bikini comment. Anyway, I'm done defending my opinion. Enjoy the volleyball, not trying to make the Olympics controversial. Any Olympics beats a lame SNL skit any day.

You and I can play it. Can you swim 800 meters? Ride the pommel? Box? Dive from the 10 meter platform? Fence? Ride 150 kilometers on a bike? Greco-Roman wrestle? Etc. That's what I mean by the bikini comment. Anyway, I'm done defending my opinion. Enjoy the volleyball, not trying to make the Olympics controversial. Any Olympics beats a lame SNL skit any day.

Yes. I'd look dumb but yes. It would hurt but yes. Looks fun so yes. Yes. Idk what that is but I'd try, so yes.

Not sure what your point is here. I could physically play all of these games. Just wouldn't be good enough to make the olympics

Are they playing so late (and such a long day of it) because there is only one beach volleyball court? This seems a little ridiculous.

Back