• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 rio olympic thread

Dr. Cassie Mitchell is a professor in my department. She is at the paralympic games in Rio. Read about her below. An amazing person. People like Cassie are the true American Olympic heroes. Hard finding info on this, but I think she won a silver medal in the discus today.

Cassie's 2015 Journey on the Road to Rio 2016...
parapan_medals2.jpg

BME researcher Cassie Mitchell, who was paralyzed at 18 from Neuromyelitis Optica, earned a bronze medal in F51 club throw with a personal best throw of 21.84 meters on Sunday, September 11. Mitchell is an assistant research professor and principal investigator of the Laboratory for Pathology Dynamics in the Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory.

Mitchell competed in the London Paralympic Games in 2012 and is staging a comeback after an April 2016 leukemia diagnosis. She continues to undergo chemotherapy for leukemia but is not letting it stop her Olympic dreams. After securing her first medal she will refocus and compete again on September 14 in the women's F51-52 discus and on September 15 in the women's S2 backstroke. Originally named to the USA Track & Field team, Cassie was also named to swimming after re-allocation of the Russian slots. Mitchell is one of three USA Olympians or Paralympians competing in two sports in the Rio Games.

Dr. Cassie Mitchell is a professor in my department. She is at the paralympic games in Rio. Read about her below. An amazing person. People like Cassie are the true American Olympic heroes. Hard finding info on this, but I think she won a silver medal in the discus today.

Cassie's 2015 Journey on the Road to Rio 2016...
parapan_medals2.jpg

BME researcher Cassie Mitchell, who was paralyzed at 18 from Neuromyelitis Optica, earned a bronze medal in F51 club throw with a personal best throw of 21.84 meters on Sunday, September 11. Mitchell is an assistant research professor and principal investigator of the Laboratory for Pathology Dynamics in the Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory.

Mitchell competed in the London Paralympic Games in 2012 and is staging a comeback after an April 2016 leukemia diagnosis. She continues to undergo chemotherapy for leukemia but is not letting it stop her Olympic dreams. After securing her first medal she will refocus and compete again on September 14 in the women's F51-52 discus and on September 15 in the women's S2 backstroke. Originally named to the USA Track & Field team, Cassie was also named to swimming after re-allocation of the Russian slots. Mitchell is one of three USA Olympians or Paralympians competing in two sports in the Rio Games.

Wow, that's impressive!

iranian para olympic cyclist dies after wreck today in the road race

Bekele 2:03:03 in Berlin, misses WR by 6 seconds. Setting up for Bekele vs Kipchog vs Kipchang next year in London.

I'm starting to believe. Have pacers this late in the run is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the moon landing analogy. Should have gotten taller pacers.

Lagat is the man. Pacing duties over but he's staying on to power him through.

MY GIRL Allyson Felix!

Back