• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

a letter to my wife who won't get a job while I work myself to death

This guy has all of his priorities wacked out. Why in the bejeezus are his possessions ruling all of his family decisions? I know why his wife doesn't get a job and hangs around with her friends and volunteers. It's because he is getting his possessions-driven self up every morning and going to that miserable high stress job. Be a grown ass man, quit your miserable job, and go be happy. That's going to provide way more to your kids than a pool membership.

the issues he raises sounds like they could/should have been discussion points BEFORE they started procreating, or you know, maybe part of an ongoing dialogue.

the issues he raises sounds like they could/should have been discussion points BEFORE they started procreating, or you know, maybe part of an ongoing dialogue.

Nope, the old fashioned way: letters.

Dude needs to just bang his secretary for stress relief. Divorcing her will just create more acrimony and lead to more lost revenue that he won't benefit from at all, though it may force her to find a job.

He starts the statute running on her freeloading though.

Here's where I come out on this. And this has never been my experience but I have many friends in this position.

Gender roles are changing. Fathers are more involved with their children. But with stay at home moms, that just means their "job" is easier. These men now have double duty while the women have a lighter load. How is that fair?

Reactions: ITK
"But mostly I want you to get a job because I want to feel loved"

Hmmmm interesting. Are these women still hot to do sex with, and cool? If so, sweet. If not, problems.

I mean, this is obviously a problem that has festered for years. This isn't a problem of a selfish wife, this is a problem of a couple who can't communicate effectively.

The wife's life sounds tight

Pretty sweet setup if you're a hot chick with a working husband

Maybe I'm the odd one, but I could never dream of giving up my career for kids. My mother was not a stay at home mom. My aunt is but she is so bored all the time. I just couldn't do it.

Maybe I'm the odd one, but I could never dream of giving up my career for kids. My mother was not a stay at home mom. My aunt is but she is so bored all the time. I just couldn't do it.

My mom stayed home with my sister and I (1.5 years apart) until we started preschool. Then she went back to her job. I've never actually talked to my parents about it, but I don't think it was a fiscal decision. I'm not sure my post has a point.

i just assumed you thought this was a mafia thread

My mom stayed home with my sister and I (1.5 years apart) until we started preschool. Then she went back to her job. I've never actually talked to my parents about it, but I don't think it was a fiscal decision. I'm not sure my post has a point.

Your mom wasn't a bum.

Back