• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

With the First Pick, in the Fox Host Draft, Roger Ailes Selects

Former Fox host Gretchen Carlson settles sexual harassment lawsuit against Roger Ailes for $20 million

The statement, attributed to “21st Century Fox,” read, “During her tenure at Fox News, Gretchen exhibited the highest standards of journalism and professionalism. She developed a loyal audience and was a daily source of information for many Americans. We are proud that she was part of the Fox News team. We sincerely regret and apologize for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect and dignity that she and all of her colleagues deserve. We know Gretchen will be successful in whatever endeavors she chooses in the future.”

20 million ain't chump change. Good for you Gretchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's half of what Ailes got for harassing her.

Megyn Kelly's gotta be pissed. She was also harassed and clearly wants out, but her contract is about to expire so she won't get paid to go away. MK won't be part of a Trump/Breitbart network, so she has limited leverage unless the legacy networks really want her.

20 million and a public apology? Rupert's kids are going to bankrupt that place in short order.

20 million is a shitload. Wouldn't be surprised if that number is inflated or involved payments to others because 20 million will have every girl who ever worked at FNC (except Greta) knocking at your door soon.

Megyn Kelly's gotta be pissed. She was also harassed and clearly wants out, but her contract is about to expire so she won't get paid to go away. MK won't be part of a Trump/Breitbart network, so she has limited leverage unless the legacy networks really want her.

I think Megyn can pretty much go wherever she wants. She's a ratings queen, hot as balls, old enough to have some gravitas as a nightly news anchor, and stood up to Trump. There will be a bidding war if FNC doesn't renew her contract.

I think Megyn can pretty much go wherever she wants. She's a ratings queen, hot as balls, old enough to have some gravitas as a nightly news anchor, and stood up to Trump. There will be a bidding war if FNC doesn't renew her contract.

I guess she has value because any network with her could automatically claim balance. She could be CNN's Joe Scarborough.

Too bad she's hated by everyone but Fox News viewers.

I guess she has value because any network with her could automatically claim balance. She could be CNN's Joe Scarborough.

She had a lot of leverage after slapping down Karl Rove and smacking down Trump at the first debate. She would have never squandered that by giving the fluff interview to Trump if her agent knew there was a huge market for outside of Fox or if she knew Gretchen was going to call Ailes out weeks later.

20 million and a public apology? Rupert's kids are going to bankrupt that place in short order.

20 million is a shitload. Wouldn't be surprised if that number is inflated or involved payments to others because 20 million will have every girl who ever worked at FNC (except Greta) knocking at your door soon.

She was probably making a few million a year. It sounds reasonable.

This is the third similar lawsuit they've settled.

Is she hated? Being pretty and blonde will take you far in this country.

$20mil is a drop in the bucket for Fox. The earlier this was settled and went away, the better it was for Fox.

Is she hated? Being pretty and blonde will take you far in this country.

I hate her on TV more than I would hate her in bed.

The $20 million is solely for Carlson.

Wow. That's a freakin payday. It will also help her transition to a more mainstream media job. Sometimes dark clouds bring the rain.

Wow. That's a freakin payday. It will also help her transition to a more mainstream media job. Sometimes dark clouds bring the rain.

fortunately for women they can simply earn money by being sexually harassed. i should suggest it to my wife.

Back