• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Christian Laettner owes more than $14 million, might face bankruptcy

basketballreference.com says he made $61 million over his career. It takes a real stooge to lose that much money. I mean you have to put in a prime time effort to drain $61 million from your bank account.

basketballreference.com says he made $61 million over his career. It takes a real stooge to lose that much money. I mean you have to put in a prime time effort to drain $61 million from your bank account.

After paying your agent and your taxes that's down to $30 million pretty quick. Lots of people have fucked up that kind of sum.

While a great competitor, never got the impression that Laettner was super astute. In fact, he seemed thick.

If you are going to invest millions in real estate, why trust a washed up basketball player to make the tough decisions with your cash?

Buddy of mine told me this weekend that 2 BR condos in Downtown Durham are going for $700,000 due to the revitalization there over the last two decades. Laettner and his people were definitely onto something even if he didn't have the ability to pull it off.

Obligatory

tumblr_leq3mw8hpi1qdixz1o1_500.jpg

Buddy of mine told me this weekend that 2 BR condos in Downtown Durham are going for $700,000 due to the revitalization there over the last two decades. Laettner and his people were definitely onto something even if he didn't have the ability to pull it off.

What that really shows is how incredibly incompetent he was at developing real estate. How do you lose tens of millions of dollars developing property in a strong market? When a real estate market is thriving, literally every idiot makes really good money.

Back