• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scout May Close Up Shop

Didn't the racist father of one of the players (the one that kept talking about Hairy Deacs) start a board too?

Les Johns, formerly of WF's Rivals site & a poster here on OG Boards, has taken over the Scout site. Regardless of where you stand on some of Deacon Sports' more outspoken posters, Les will definitely improve the news & articles aspects of that site. His info on Rivals was probably the best source of WF info from a first reporting and accuracy standpoint.

Les Johns, formerly of WF's Rivals site & a poster here on OG Boards, has taken over the Scout site. Regardless of where you stand on some of Deacon Sports' more outspoken posters, Les will definitely improve the news & articles aspects of that site. His info on Rivals was probably the best source of WF info from a first reporting and accuracy standpoint.

Thanks for the plug, Chaos. I good thing for me about the move to Scout is that is will actually allow me MORE time to report and write about Wake Forest athletics. On top of that, the support from regional and national Scout writers has been ridiculous so far. I had an article submitted to me on Chase Monroe's commitment basically the moment it became official. I'm pretty excited.

I've changed the name to Demon Deacon Digest, and hope that we can move past whatever negatives exist. If people see trouble brewing, I hope they feel free to reach out to me to share their concerns.

Les - what's the latest on the rumor about Scout closing? Assume this isn't the case now?

Les - what's the latest on the rumor about Scout closing? Assume this isn't the case now?

Ya. That would pretty much suck at this point.

So from everything I've heard, Scout terminated their CEO with cause and it became this big public, messy divorce. Folks at the Awful Announcing site went with the story, and that's where rumors of Scout's closing came about. Companies make changes at the top all the time, but that doesn't mean they're going out of business. It seems like things got blown way out of proportion.

That being said, knowing I had a contract about to start, it was pretty scary news when I first saw it hit out of nowhere.

Ya. That would pretty much suck at this point.

So from everything I've heard, Scout terminated their CEO with cause and it became this big public, messy divorce. Folks at the Awful Announcing site went with the story, and that's where rumors of Scout's closing came about. Companies make changes at the top all the time, but that doesn't mean they're going out of business. It seems like things got blown way out of proportion.

That being said, knowing I had a contract about to start, it was pretty scary news when I first saw it hit out of nowhere.

Thanks for the update. Hope it all works out.
Keep those reports and updates coming....

He was a moderator. I guess (hope) he's gone now.

I just checked Scout and found that there are only 2 mods there, that's including a brand new one - Mr. Johns. If anyone writes a history of the various forums of Wake Forest, Turf's name will be significant. Now, personally I've only had positive interactions with him, but his brand of mod enforcement played a significant role in the creation of the OGB boards. You'll find tags below on this thread that reflect how he was regarded by some members.

I wish you luck, Les, and I'll be visiting Scout more.

Back