• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hudson River Valley recs

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
Headed to the Hudson River Valley area in a couple weeks for about a week. Staying in Carmel, NY in an AirBNB and then headed down to Tarrytown to stay at Castle and eat at the Blue Hill farm.

We already have plans to fish a couple times and hike a little bit, but were looking for recs both in the Carmel area (Hudson, Cold Spring Village) and in the Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow area.

TIA

Aw man, I want to go to Blue Hill Farm, I liked that dude's Chef's Table episode.

A high school friend posted pics recently of her and her husband eating at Osteria Francescana which also made me jealous. I need to go on the Chef's Table tour.

Anyway, no recs, but have fun.

The Castle is awesome, rooms are state of the art in an old fashion way, was up there for an event a few months back - didn't do much around the area, was up and back. The restaurant at the castle was really good and not super pricey - breakfast is good too.

Wish I had more help, if you head down to manhattan, hit me up for a beer, I am pretty sure I owe you one from a couple of years ago.

If you see a guy without a head riding a horse, drive very fast in the opposite direction.

If you're venturing up to the Poughkeepsie/Rhinebeck area, I can help out with restaurant recs but that may be a bit out of your way.

If you're venturing up to the Poughkeepsie/Rhinebeck area, I can help out with restaurant recs but that may be a bit out of your way.

That's where I'm at. Until we move back to Brooklyn.

I would go up to the Shawungunks. There is a nice hike at Lake Minewaska. And if you are into climbing- the Gunks right around Montauk House are top notch. Some of the best climbing on the East Coast and what originally brought me up to the area. I know some great watering holes, but have not visited in years due to FEAR OF LYME. But they are lovely save THE FUCKING ZOMBIE VIRUS.

That's where I'm at. Until we move back to Brooklyn.

I would go up to the Shawungunks. There is a nice hike at Lake Minewaska. And if you are into climbing- the Gunks right around Montauk House are top notch. Some of the best climbing on the East Coast and what originally brought me up to the area. I know some great watering holes, but have not visited in years due to FEAR OF LYME. But they are lovely save THE FUCKING ZOMBIE VIRUS.

Not going up nearly that high this trip, but I appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure they hid the Red October up there.

Harriman and Bear Mountain state parks have some nice hiking and a little zoo. I think Storm King is supposed to be good too but I have not been to it.

Hike Bear Mountain. Storm King isn't far from there and definitely worth the trip. If you're looking to eat on that side of the bridge head down to Nyack, which is directly across from Tarrytown. Tarantella's is the best pizza on the planet outside of Italy, and Main St. has a ton more bars and restaurants.

Lefteris in Tarrytown is the best Greek food anywhere. There's really not much of interest in Sleepy Hollow, unless things have picked up in the last decade. Good, cheap Ecuadorian food, I guess.

There's some good stuff in White Plains along Mamaroneck Ave but you'd have to put up with a bunch of My New Haircut types.

Nice. Will probably check out Bear Mountain on the way up, then.

Good looks.

If you get up to Tuxedo, you have to go to Dottie Audrey's and/or Keystone Hoagies. Great food, and the owners are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back