• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Woof. Does the Big Ten know what’s going on with the KU football team ?

Conference expansion is like the mad rush at 1:59AM to not go home from the bar alone.

Ah yes, all 100K Baylor alumni in Texas are going to suddenly get the ACC Network added to every cable package in a state of 29M

Shit, I didn't realize only alumni can have interest in a school's sports. That is gonna be quite the surprise to everyone wearing a Duke hat. Everyone who isn't a Wake alumni please hand in your login and F off, w84it has spoken.

Shit, I didn't realize only alumni can have interest in a school's sports. That is gonna be quite the surprise to everyone wearing a Duke hat. Everyone who isn't a Wake alumni please hand in your login and F off, w84it has spoken.

I know you got a soft spot for Chip Gaines, but even if you include everyone who watches Fixer Upper adding Baylor ain't moving the needle.

So, now we are comparing Baylor to Duke when it comes to bandwagon fans? Kudos to Baylor for their Natty run last Spring. They were awesome. That said, until they cut down the nets in Indianapolis, the Baylor program was best known for a Baylor player murdering one of his teammates. Not only does Baylor not have a national following in basketball like Duke; Baylor doesn't even have big Texas following. Sorry, but folks here are really grasping to come up with scenarios where WF gets kicked out of the ACC. The ACC is not going to kick WF out of the ACC to add Baylor or any other of the Big 12 leftovers (or a commuter school UCF).

I lived 90 mins from Waco for four years and Baylor’s fan presence was non-existent.

Pretty much.

“Hey A&M, you know what would really piss off the SEC? If you come join the ACC.”

*crying A&M wipes smudged mascara*

“Really?”

Good point. ND doesn’t need us in an expanded playoff scenario and no one else beside the ACC benefits from putting ND in a conference.

$76M just isn’t a lot of money to fine corporate interests in this era of extreme inequality. That’s like Austin Powers saying “One Million Dollars.” Texas has 64 billionaires with a combined net worth of $460.1 billion. A few of them could come up with $76M in no time.

Big 12 grant of rights is near expiration. Number of years to buyout is small. ACC deal has 15 years to go. And there is court precedent for triple payout. That probably would put cost of departure from the ACC over $1.5 billion. Call that incentive to stay.

I'm not privy to the agreement, but it would make sense that any school kicked out without cause would be in line for a huge compensation package.

So, now we are comparing Baylor to Duke when it comes to bandwagon fans? Kudos to Baylor for their Natty run last Spring. They were awesome. That said, until they cut down the nets in Indianapolis, the Baylor program was best known for a Baylor player murdering one of his teammates. Not only does Baylor not have a national following in basketball like Duke; Baylor doesn't even have big Texas following. Sorry, but folks here are really grasping to come up with scenarios where WF gets kicked out of the ACC. The ACC is not going to kick WF out of the ACC to add Baylor or any other of the Big 12 leftovers (or a commuter school UCF).

If I am comparing Baylor to anyone, its to us. If Wake needs to go looking for a new home, what do we have to entice a major conference to take us?

If the strongest argument to us not having to worry about anything regarding realignment is that we are already in the ACC, then if the ACC disperses or merges with someone else, then we could be in trouble.

If I am comparing Baylor to anyone, its to us. If Wake needs to go looking for a new home, what do we have to entice a major conference to take us?

If the strongest argument to us not having to worry about anything regarding realignment is that we are already in the ACC, then if the ACC disperses or merges with someone else, then we could be in trouble.

The ACC is not going to disperse. It's one of the 3 strongest conferences.

Baylor has 15,000 undergrads and requires their faculty to make religious commitments.

KU is meeting with Big Ten. Makes sense.

Will the Big Ten finally change their name? If the Big12 ceases to exist, would the Big10 become the Big12 or the Big14 or Big16?

This is why you go with SEC or ACC and not some stupid number as your conference's name.

Will the Big Ten finally change their name? If the Big12 ceases to exist, would the Big10 become the Big12 or the Big14 or Big16?

This is why you go with SEC or ACC and not some stupid number as your conference's name.

Yeah, I love to go to Louisville and take in the sights of the Atlantic Ocean

Back