• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Interesting concept thrown out there by some of the people on College Sirius in that the Big XII could come out and just be the first conference to go for the whole enchilada and do a 16 team conference right now. They can grab UCF and get into Florida, get Cincy which seem to be a given, Houston, BYU, Memphis & Boise St and be done with it. It would give them one helluva footprint and huge media rights into some good states. Can't say it will happen but it was thrown out there as something they should strongly think about.

Is Bill King back on Sirius? I cancelled my subscription after he left and I didn't like who took over his show. I was wondering whether they got him back.

Why not go ahead and just go to 16 teams and be the 1st to do it? Add Cincy, Houston, BYU, Boise, Memphis & UCF and be done! Great footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal Dream Scenario for ACC if expends to 16:

16 teams, 2 divisions

Div A
BC
Louisville
Syracuse
Miami
Pitt
VT
ND
WVU

Div B
Clemson
Duke
FSU
GT
Miami
State
UNC
UVA
Wake

Play 9 conferences games in football. 7 against your division, 1 perm crossover (makes UVA-VT and FSU-Miami happy), 1 rotating. Everyone plays their rivals.

ACC division is stronger, but not overwhelmingly so.

There are 7 in A and 9 in B and Miami is listed as the 16th team.

There are 7 in A and 9 in B and Miami is listed as the 16th team.

Whoops. Been a long week. Thank you for that. Re-phrase. 8 original Big East in 1, 8 ACC in the other.

Div A
BC
Louisville
Syracuse
Miami
Pitt
VT
ND
WVU

Div B

Clemson
Duke
FSU
GT
State
UNC
UVA
Wake

Who is the 16th team?

Either ph can't count or he's wondering like me who will be the team where you have ND listed since they aren't coming.

Either ph can't count or he's wondering like me who will be the team where you have ND listed since they aren't coming.

Or Strick made a ninja edit after I posted.

14 + ND and WVU. I think I did it correctly? Been prone to mistakes in the past.

I'm aware ND isn't coming. That's the only way we ever go to 16 though - getting ND to join full time.

A ninja edit is just when you make an edit within a minute or two of your post and it doesn't say the post has been edited.

A ninja edit is just when you make an edit within a minute or two of your post and it doesn't say the post has been edited.

I'm aware. I edited the earlier post on this thread, the latest one I haven't.

Why not go ahead and just go to 16 teams and be the 1st to do it? Add Cincy, Houston, BYU, Boise, Memphis & UCF and be done! Great footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could rebrand themselves Conference USA Plus.

WV is fucked. If ND ever comes in as a full member then it will be Navy who joins them.

And I would definitely prefer that to WVU.

Big XII Will Expand

Well no future as a Big Four conference.

And I would definitely prefer that to WVU.

Not that the SEC needs/wants to expand its footprint northward, but WVU would be a decent fit there in a lot of ways. Basketball likely will take a big hit after Huggie Bear retires; Holgerson is definitely on the hot seat this year and is certainly replaceable.

Not that the SEC needs/wants to expand its footprint northward, but WVU would be a decent fit there in a lot of ways. Basketball likely will take a big hit after Huggie Bear retires; Holgerson is definitely on the hot seat this year and is certainly replaceable.

I dare say WVu would be a target of the SEC as they have little media value to them and really does not raise the value or footprint. Nothing like Mizzou and Texas A & M did with the prior expansion to 14 teams. But I could see them heading into an Oklahoma/OK St type deal since the ACC has now gotten ourselves in great shape and the UNC/Duke type swipe is off the board. And definitely Texas seems to be out as I would think A & M made that understanding when they came.

The Big XII needs to act quickly and boldly or forever hold its piece. They can still lose Texas to the Pac 12 or Big 10 and with them would go the Kansas basketball franchise. Then all they would be is a Conf USA remake.

Back