• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eater's 2016 Best New Restaurants in America

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
http://www.eater.com/2016/7/21/12226912/best-new-restaurants-2016

Alter - Miami
Baroo - LA
Bateau - Seattle
Bracero - San Diego
Cala - San Francisco
Cassia - Santa Monica
Han Oak - Portland
Helen Greek Food & Wine - Houston
Kanella South - Philadelphia
Local Provisions - Asheville
Monteverde - Chicago
Mabel Gray - Hazel Park, MI
Oriole - Chicago
Petit Crenn - San Francisco
Pineapple and Pearls - Washington, DC
Salare - Seattle
Shepard - Cambridge
Staplehouse - Atlanta
Upton 43 - Minneapolis
Wildair - New York City

i'll be in asheville in a couple weeks, and it looks like they have resies avail. probs going to hit it up. though looking at the menu i have a hard time believing it will top my fave new restaurant old bus tavern (also added to sf top 100 and named one of the best new spots in sf along with the 2 listed here).

I looked up a couple. The one in Philly is showing up being closed. Cala is 4* or below on Trip Advisor and other sites. Kinda weird.

Kanella South is certainly not closed.

I looked up a couple. The one in Philly is showing up being closed. Cala is 4* or below on Trip Advisor and other sites. Kinda weird.

It was showing up closed for the day when you looked. Opens at 5 ET. And I would never put full stock in a place's star rating on Yelp or TripAdvisor. Crowd sourced review sites are very flawed.

It was showing up closed for the day when you looked. Opens at 5 ET. And I would never put full stock in a place's star rating on Yelp or TripAdvisor. Crowd sourced review sites are very flawed.

THE WAITER DID NOT RESPOND TO MY COMMENT THAT THE TOILET PAPER WAS FACING THE WRONG WAY ON THE ROLL ! ONE STAR SERVICE ! NEVER GO HERE !

THE WAITER DID NOT RESPOND TO MY COMMENT THAT THE TOILET PAPER WAS FACING THE WRONG WAY ON THE ROLL ! ONE STAR SERVICE ! NEVER GO HERE !

Which place is that? I don't want eat somewhere with wrong toilet paper.

Those sites are good for when you're traveling somewhere to get a quick idea of what's good or not, but you have to study the responses to see which are plants, which are by donks, and which are legit.

Kanella South is certainly not closed.

Kanella is phenomenal if you like greek food - their sunday prix fixe is amazing, you order either vegeterian or meat and they bring out whatever the chef decided to cook that day, all served family style - everything is good. I went to the old Kanella all the time.

only one Hipster & Gofuckyourself name, and of course it's in DC. We winning!

OpenTable is the best site/app to use when checking reviews. The reviewers have to have had actually made a reservation and dined there to review. It's also really helpful for restaurants because it puts the date of their review as the date that they dined there instead of the date that they wrote the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back