• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

don't know about whatever y'all are complaining about but booker just dropped some fire.

that was a better speech than anything in 4 days at the RNC

Well aware of it.

Can you point to a politician you agree with 100% of the time? I'll take 85%+ and run with it happily.

I didn't take you for such a sucker. This speech is every platitude in the book. It's progressive left Trump.

He tanked the Newark public schools, squandered $110 mil + of Mark Zuckerberg's donation to the city, and that bullshit power play re: the financial sector that he tried to pull on Obama has always rubbed me the wrong way. Dude is in this for himself.

He's media savvy, though, and realizes that's how people consume their politics these days. His Twitter persona, Brick City, and Street Fight are all damn good. So is this speech.

He's been one of my least favorite Dems for awhile now. There's just something about Jersey pols.

ETA: and he's one of those school "reform" boosters, up there with Rhee and them.

Basically. Not one of my least favorite Dems but not someone I want to see on a ticket anytime soon either unless he does some work as a senator.

I only heard a little on the radio just now and won't watch anymore until later. I wish they didn't talk about Trump. At all. Take the high road. Lay out a vision for the country.

I wasn't a fan of two people on the VP shortlist: Kaine and Booker. Booker's constituents don't like him, which combined with his record (especially on education), is good enough for me.

don't know about whatever y'all are complaining about but booker just dropped some fire.

that was a better speech than anything in 4 days at the RNC

He created the new phrase...

BUT he's not 100% for Strickland. So, he sucks.

Booker went about 5 minutes too long. Good speech though. Talked policy more in 1 speech than in 4 nights last week.

Basically. Not one of my least favorite Dems but not someone I want to see on a ticket anytime soon either unless he does some work as a senator.

I only heard a little on the radio just now and won't watch anymore until later. I wish they didn't talk about Trump. At all. Take the high road. Lay out a vision for the country.

Perhaps, but sadly taking the high road does not win elections.

I can't understand how anyone can attack Michelle Obama after these 7.5 years. She's been tremendous.

Back