• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

Each of my accusations about Trump's actions are proven by reports and court cases.

My bad, such things are irrelevant to you. Proof is a foreign concept in your life.

I don't work with proof or facts. I just agree with whatever my right wing masters feed me on any given day.

I recently met Bloomberg and heard him speak, pretty big pull for them Dems. His hatred of Trump was pretty obvious when he was giving his talk.

Get why progressives are upset that Warren, Bernie, Brown, Perez, Castro, or Booker aren't the VP nominee, but the campaign feels that Trump has alienated enough women and Latinos that the middle is where they win. Pence was a panic pick to throw to shore up far right social conservatives.

Race boils down to FL, PA, and VA. Even if Trump wins all red states and swing states other than FL and VA, he still loses without PA. CO and NV are huge problems for Trump and shitting on Kasich was insane. Kaine holds VA and helps in FL. CO, NV, and AZ are pure gravy.

Dems don't need to win White college grads, just keeping it close hurts Trump. Kaine helps there big time. Bloomberg's endorsement also helps with college educated Whites too.

As usual, Trump will flip out. Cuban lights up Trump every time. Bloomberg is at a minimum 4 times wealthier than Trump. He's so fucking thin skinned and insecure and Bezos, Bloomberg, and Cuban rattle him every time.

Progressives would have complained about anybody but Bernie. Hardcore libs love to complain.

Get why progressives are upset that Warren, Bernie, Brown, Perez, Castro, or Booker aren't the VP nominee, but the campaign feels that Trump has alienated enough women and Latinos that the middle is where they win. Pence was a panic pick to throw to shore up far right social conservatives.

Also as a practical matter, Hillary plucking Warren or someone more liberal in the Senate to be veep hurts progressives for the foreseeable future as veeps don't have any real power. Maybe they can be upset that it possibly sets up Kaine to be the face of the party in 8 years if everything goes to plan, but that seems like nitpicking. Is Warren as veep going to be able to do as much for the progressive cause as she can in the Sentate? Hell no.

As Ted Kennedy used to say, "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good."

Race boils down to FL, PA, and VA. Even if Trump wins all red states and swing states other than FL and VA, he still loses without PA. CO and NV are huge problems for Trump and shitting on Kasich was insane. Kaine holds VA and helps in FL. CO, NV, and AZ are pure gravy.

Dems don't need to win White college grads, just keeping it close hurts Trump. Kaine helps there big time. Bloomberg's endorsement also helps with college educated Whites too.

As usual, Trump will flip out. Cuban lights up Trump every time. Bloomberg is at a minimum 4 times wealthier than Trump. He's so fucking thin skinned and insecure and Bezos, Bloomberg, and Cuban rattle him every time.

I really don't think Warren wanted to be second banana. She'd have to clear everything she did with Hillary's people. As a senator, she has real power. She's the most powerful Dem in the Senate.

Bernie burned the bridges. Brown, Booker and Warren all come from states with GOP govs.

I was surprised at how quickly Castro dropped. Earlier I thought he would be the real frontrunner.

FL loves the Clintons. I just don't see her losing there or in CO or NV.

If Bloomberg spends like a drunken sailor, like he did when running in NYC, he could make Donald's head explode. I think Bloomberg really likes Kaine. As gov, Kaine did EOs for guns and tried to get a number of laws passed. Guns are Bloomberg's biggest issue.

Are we still allowed to talk about traffic? The police are enforcing the 5 ton limit on trucks by taking 95 down from four lanes to two, so they can watch the trucks exit and chase down those that don't. Avoid 95 around Philly this week, is what I'm saying.

And you criticized Mrs. Trump of plagiarism? Voltaire said that.

Of course Ted was expelled from Harvard for having someone else take one of his exams, so why not steal someone else's line.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Kaine's approval rating in Va - 53 percent. Mark Warner's - 62 percent. Picked the wrong VA senator.

The most popular Senator in his or her state? Yup, Bernie Sanders at 80 percent.

Did you really riff about morals and cite Ted Kennedy in the same thread? Fuck you're tone deaf.

Watching Pubs get their panties in a wad is humorous. They used to be the ones with all the great ideas but are now the party trying to hold onto Andy Griffith days. Nit picking HRC & Kaine won't get it done as mods/independents don't care about that or Trump. The US and world are simply spinning too fast for Pubs and they can't catch up.

Until they produce a less than terrible candidate they will get what they deserve from Dems. Again not buying all of what Dems are selling, but it's a way better product than Pubs.

And you criticized Mrs. Trump of plagiarism? Voltaire said that.

Of course Ted was expelled from Harvard for having someone else take one of his exams, so why not steal someone else's line.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

I didn't throw stones at her. At the speechwriters. The professionals who should know better.

Actually, I misquoted it, "never let the perfect be the enemy of the good."

There are also permutations by Confucius and Buddha.

By the way Ted used that as a way to get people to do things. I can't say whether he prefaced it with attribution.

But the reality is Trump attacks Obama incessantly while his employees steal quotes from his wife's speechwriters.

Last edited:
Back