• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

What propaganda? The DNC wrote the emails, they have no one to blame for that but themselves. You want to talk about propaganda? CNN and MSNBC this cycle look more and more like NTV in the '90s backing Yeltsin and RT parroting UR's party line today. I always suspected there was media bias, but I never dreamed it was this endemic and blatant. Oh, and if you don't think the Saudi's influence U.S. elections, and have been for years, you're out of your mind.

Obviously CNN and MSNBC have a liberal bias, it would be incorrect to say otherwise. I will say, and this is said with obvious bias on my part, when somebody like Donald Trump is one of two people left who could be the President of the United States, it is of importance that people recognize who he is, what he stands for, and what the future repercussions are if he is elected POTUS.

I don't know where I stand on this. On one hand I would love it if there was an unbiased media source. That's nearly impossible, especially when ratings are driven by people like Jeffrey Lord and that type of debate. On the other hand, when somebody as destructive as Trump comes along with the potential to be POTUS, I am glad somebody is calling him out.

Last edited:
4real

300_bush-saudi.jpg

Holding hands was after they kissed.

You wouldn't think so if you're watching American media. This morning I saw a banner headline on CNN.com that said "IS PUTIN HELPING TRUMP?". I have yet to see any such fervent commentary on Hillary's Saudi ties in the media, and there is plenty of material to work with. Although I imagine Assange will have more to say on that front before the week is out.

That's because last night there were e-mails released by Russian hackers about the DNC. This comes on the heels of several other comments that Trump has made that Russia agrees with wholeheartedly.

You wouldn't think so if you're watching American media. This morning I saw a banner headline on CNN.com that said "IS PUTIN HELPING TRUMP?". I have yet to see any such fervent commentary on Hillary's Saudi ties in the media, and there is plenty of material to work with. Although I imagine Assange will have more to say on that front before the week is out.

Because they aren't hacking the RNC and providing media with those hacks to help Hillary.

Did the Saudis just hack the RNC to try to help Hillary and I missed it?

Townie, get your ass over to the arena. They need someone to gavel open the convention.

The guy who plays Ben Franklin is booked.

These types of hyperbolic statements don't help any cause you're championing TR.

It's not hyperbolic, sadly. I really wish it was. I used to be a pretty establishment conservative, but if the Trump candidacy has done anything, it has exposed how deeply and thoroughly corrupted our political system and the media is. That and Hillary's hilarious tone-deafness and sheer incompetence.

It's not hyperbolic, sadly. I really wish it was. I used to be a pretty establishment conservative, but if the Trump candidacy has done anything, it has exposed how deeply and thoroughly corrupted our political system and the media is. That and Hillary's hilarious tone-deafness and sheer incompetence.

You think CNN and MSNBC are like Russian National Television in the 90's and it's not hyperbole?

I don't disagree about everything being exposed this time around. Combination of the advancement of technology and social media, and the candidate running.

Also, you can clearly take out Hillary and replace it with Trump in every instance above.

You think CNN and MSNBC are like Russian National Television in the 90's and it's not hyperbole?

I said it's resembling it more and more. It's not so bad at this point where money and favors are blatantly exchanging hands, but there does appear to be widespread collaboration. And to be perfectly honest it wouldn't surprise me at this point if it was at that level. That's a sad commentary on the state of affairs in this country.

Russia is a better known "adversary" with the public than Saudi Arabia. Not to mention the 2012 GOP candidate stated in a debate that our greatest geopolitical threat was Russia and four years later the same party's candidate has talked about his admiration for Putin and his strong leadership. As far as I know we weren't engaged with Saudi Arabia for the better part of four to five decades in a Cold War. Something being a big deal or not has a lot to do with public perception over reality.

Not sure why that has to be explained but I hope it helps TR.

I said it's resembling it more and more. It's not so bad at this point where money and favors are blatantly exchanging hands, but there does appear to be widespread collaboration. And to be perfectly honest it wouldn't surprise me at this point if it was at that level. That's a sad commentary on the state of affairs in this country.

You are probably more aware of how the media is controlled in Russia in the 90's/now than I do, but I highly doubt it has any resemblance at all in the sense that the media is told what to report/ran by the White House, and if they don't they are fired or killed.

you sound like me, baked, in high school

yo u ever listen to immortal technique

He's probably not behind attacks. But Russia and Putin are definitely trying to get him elected because he has a crush on Putin and will probably cede eastern Europe to them.

The way Hillary secures her emails and the DNC theirs you would think he would be happy having them in office. This way they can always be one step ahead of the game. I don't think Russia gives a fuck that much about who is president. I don't think this email dump is so devious and catastrophic that Putin is secretly evil laughing to himself. I mean he has made Obama and Hillary look like fools with the reset button etc. nope hes happy with the status quo.

On the one hand you can hack into some servers/emails, on the other hand you can have someone in the White House who wants to renege on our NATO obligations, drop out of the WTO, and admires you as a leader and what you've done with the country.

I know which one I would choose if I were Putin.

You are probably more aware of how the media is controlled in Russia in the 90's/now than I do, but I highly doubt it has any resemblance at all in the sense that the media is told what to report/ran by the White House, and if they don't they are fired or killed.

The Russian state was very weak at that point and had no such power over the media giants that had arisen in the aftermath of the Soviet Union. Yeltsin and his young reformers conspired with the oligarchs to throw the election, so they could overcome the more immediate threat of saving the country from communist Gennady Zyuganov. Unfortunately, this had the effect of entrenching the crony capitalist state that was later taken over by Putin.

On the one hand you can hack into some servers/emails, on the other hand you can have someone in the White House who wants to renege on our NATO obligations, drop out of the WTO, and admires you as a leader and what you've done with the country.

I know which one I would choose if I were Putin.

Not to mention has extreme authoritarian tendencies/is likely a sociopath with grand delusions of power.

Back