• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA moving 2017 ASG out of CLT

So weird. I thought McCrory assured everyone HB2 wouldn't have an economic impact on the state.

giphy.gif

I mean, why stop there? Why not just force the Hornets to move out of the state? I mean we still have the NBA in progressive thinking states like Texas so let's just move the team there!

Charlotte does something very progressive
NC General Assembly gives Charlotte the double middle finger
NBA assists General Assembly in fucking Charlotte
Dumbass Hayseed General Assembly considers fucking CLT and keeping all "those people" associated with the NBA All-Star game out of NC a "win win"

So pissed off. Tyler was going to get to have NBA Playoffs, Olympic Gold Medal, and first NBA All-Star Game appearance, all in the same year.

Charlotte does something very progressive
NC General Assembly gives Charlotte the double middle finger
NBA assists General Assembly in fucking Charlotte
Dumbass Hayseed General Assembly considers fucking CLT and keeping all "those people" associated with the NBA All-Star game out of NC a "win win"

Definitely an interesting tactic from the NBA towards a city that has already completely turned its back on their team in the league once before

Totally a PR move. NBA gets great publicity for doing the right thing. My guess is they move to Orlando and tie in the Pulse shootings.

Do people really care about this bill or is it just something you have to say you care about to be PC? Why are we moving all-star games?

Trump just gained like 400 supporters in NC. PC culture run amok.

I am actually glad they moved it because it is one more thing to encourage the repeal, but I do find it odd they move the ASG over HB2 but continue to have NBA games in China.

I am actually glad they moved it because it is one more thing to encourage the repeal, but I do find it odd they move the ASG over HB2 but continue to have NBA games in China.

Or 82 regular season basketball games in Charlotte that every other NBA team will take part in at least once.

Back