• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SayHeyDeac's Thread For Serious Political Discourse Only--Trolls Need Not Apply

What color is the sky in knowell's world?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Trump campaign has a problem with their coalition (Reagan Dems, independents, new voters) in early voting states. Lack of data and organization doesn't allow them to target key demos, stagger/emphasize certain voting blocs, and understand which states to invest more in/pull out of. GOP has had a registered voter advantage in IA for awhile, but Obama won both times partially because of data mining/early voting.

Trump campaign has a problem with their coalition (Reagan Dems, independents, new voters) in early voting states. Lack of data and organization doesn't allow them to target key demos, stagger/emphasize certain voting blocs, and understand which states to invest more in/pull out of. GOP has had a registered voter advantage in IA for awhile, but Obama won both times partially because of data mining/early voting.

I don't think this is a thing anymore.

Republicans love to complain about how dysfunctional the government is, and then when they get in power they do everything in their power to make it happen.

"Be the dysfunction you wish others to see in government". That's the Gandhi quote, right?

What color is the sky in knowell's world?

He's afraid to look up because the sky, apparently, is falling.

I have not been a fan of Obama's foreign policy either; it has seemed indecisive and mostly half-measures. That said, I cannot imagine any world crisis in which I think that Trumpism would lead to a better outcome than the Obama approach.

Please do not engage buckets's performance art project on this thread. This is thread for Deacon923, Birdman and Fuckmouthedrube to tell us smart shit.

I have not been a fan of Obama's foreign policy either; it has seemed indecisive and mostly half-measures. That said, I cannot imagine any world crisis in which I think that Trumpism would lead to a better outcome than the Obama approach.
I would suggest our foreign policy has needed to be more measured.

Please do not engage buckets's performance art project on this thread. This is thread for Deacon923, Birdman and Fuckmouthedrube to tell us smart shit.

TBF 538 has Iowa at 65% to Trump. Roughly the same chance that Hillary has of winning New Hampshire.

Surprised by this a bit. I found "The Obama Doctrine" at worst an intriguing read and at best a brilliant look into why we have changed course on foreign policy.

TBF 538 has Iowa at 65% to Trump. Roughly the same chance that Hillary has of winning New Hampshire.

Most of Iowa's polls are from August, prior to the bad cycles for Hillary, so definitely not good news for her.

That said, 538's projections give NV, IA, OH, NC, and FL all to Trump... and Hillary still wins. I think we're headed for a repeat of 2000's post-election shenanigans.

WHAT??? Hillary is going to win the popular and electoral vote. How is that anything like "2000's post-election shenanigans"?

Trump campaign trying to lower already low debate expectations by floating he isn't doing any debate prep.

One theory is that Roger Ailes and Trump have cooked up a few killer quips that they think will be played over and over again. Trump will never be remotely close to HRC on policy knowledge and they don't think he needs to so they're not preparing for that. Great quip, gets Hillary to lose it, and appears acceptable and that's all he needs. Don't see how Trump can appear presidential if he's baiting Hillary, but we'll see soon.

WHAT??? Hillary is going to win the popular and electoral vote. How is that anything like "2000's post-election shenanigans"?

If Trump wins the states I mentioned, and right now 538 projects he will, he'll have 265 electoral votes. If that's the case, it's an absolute certainty that we'd see legal challenges and possible recounts in states like CO, PA, VA, and NH.

There's still so much that can happen in the next six weeks, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that we're subjected to another 2000-esque disaster.

Back