• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SayHeyDeac's Thread For Serious Political Discourse Only--Trolls Need Not Apply

Well now we need a fight to the death. Don't you live in Alabama? How are there possibly two people that live there that post here that love birds so much?

Well now we need a fight to the death. Don't you live in Alabama? How are there possibly two people that live there that post here that love birds so much?

I fight like an Oystercatcher. The BirdinBama should watch out:

American-oystercatchers-fighting.jpg

I was just thinking about bumping this thread! Mods, can you do some coding or computer tech stuff such that the only people who can post to this thread are birdman, fuckmouthedrube, and Deacon923? There are some other non-crazy posters around here, I hope they will not be offended, but I think for now we could stick with those 3 and all be more informed. Gracias.

I was just thinking about bumping this thread! Mods, can you do some coding or computer tech stuff such that the only people who can post to this thread are birdman, fuckmouthedrube, and Deacon923? There are some other non-crazy posters around here, I hope they will not be offended, but I think for now we could stick with those 3 and all be more informed. Gracias.

For real. Every thread is just flooded with garbage. Any attempt at substantive discussion is buried.

So I'll try again here. I posted this on the GE thread and got no response. A side by side question and response from all 4 candidates on science issues.

http://sciencedebate.org/20answers#.V9lGMzMv6nk.twitter

Trump actually sounds remarkably presidential in most of his replies (or the campaign staffer that drafted them sounds presidential), setting aside his complete dodge on climate change which he has previously called a Chinese hoax. Trump also fails on many response to give an actual plan for addressing the issues but says things like "I'm going to work with congress to solve it"...good luck. Clinton was way too wordy and can seem like she is pandering, but for the most part she says the right things. Johnson was too busy playing the "where is Aleppo" internet game to provide responses and I didn't bother reading Stein's answers except for her stance on vaccinations.

I think BirdinBama is the new incarnation of meandmyuncledeac, the poster best known for masturbating while perusing the hot chicks thread.

Oh man if the tyrant Say Hey had his way I wouldn't have been able to drop that dime on yall.

906bfff6f721f8755a062e7ced307260.jpg

To address your point about science Birdman, it seems pretty empty to me. Both Hillary and Trumps response seem too robotic and clearly written up by aides. Hillary I think will continue Obama push towards the funding of science, wanting to tackle climate change, etc..

Trump you really have no idea, he has been all over the place with vaccines and really didn't give an answer there. Same with climate change. As far as scientific funding I think Ebola and Zika kinda move the panic needle for both sides of the aisle. So last years funding levels were actually more than requested by departments like the CDC and NIH. The problem being just look at Zika emergency money and political bullshit, so it's not completely eroded.

Trump hedges hard where that list is yeah this stuff is important we will have people look at it and determine the allocation of our limited resources. That to me sounds like cuts to things like bird research would be coming while pretty things that play well like NASA and disease stay the same or increase. You never really know and that's why not knowing is worse than knowing. At least you can prepare but here maybe trump loves him some birds so lucky you all the bird money and bird protections. Or he hates birds he only knows pigeons time for bird exterminations. His answers of all of them have like usual the least substance and information.

Trump has no interest in science and his core supporters are absolutely anti-science.

The Hilldog is a policy wonk. She will repeat those same robotic responses if somebody asked those questions in person.

To address your point about science Birdman, it seems pretty empty to me. Both Hillary and Trumps response seem too robotic and clearly written up by aides. Hillary I think will continue Obama push towards the funding of science, wanting to tackle climate change, etc..

Trump you really have no idea, he has been all over the place with vaccines and really didn't give an answer there. Same with climate change. As far as scientific funding I think Ebola and Zika kinda move the panic needle for both sides of the aisle. So last years funding levels were actually more than requested by departments like the CDC and NIH. The problem being just look at Zika emergency money and political bullshit, so it's not completely eroded.

Trump hedges hard where that list is yeah this stuff is important we will have people look at it and determine the allocation of our limited resources. That to me sounds like cuts to things like bird research would be coming while pretty things that play well like NASA and disease stay the same or increase. You never really know and that's why not knowing is worse than knowing. At least you can prepare but here maybe trump loves him some birds so lucky you all the bird money and bird protections. Or he hates birds he only knows pigeons time for bird exterminations. His answers of all of them have like usual the least substance and information.

The piece is definitely fluffy and the responses are written by staffers. Hillary needs a better editor.

I agree with your assessment of Trump's response he is not a fan science and has a long history of comments to support that.

At this point I am a 1 issue voter, Climate Change, and I don't see either of these candidates being very effective on that front. Especially with an idiotic snowball throwing congress.

I agree with that and it's why when it comes down to it I one issue vote based off of the Supreme Court. The social progress we have made does not need to be in the hands of trump (the one area with pretty much direct control by the president, despite current obstruction). When it comes to most things unless there's a super majority in all branches things get checked as they should. The problem is there is no compromise on anything. So checking actually means nothing is done. Hillary, even if climate change was number one on the to do list will never get anything through with a anti-climate change house.

I agree with that and it's why when it comes down to it I one issue vote based off of the Supreme Court. The social progress we have made does not need to be in the hands of trump (the one area with pretty much direct control by the president, despite current obstruction). When it comes to most things unless there's a super majority in all branches things get checked as they should. The problem is there is no compromise on anything. So checking actually means nothing is done. Hillary, even if climate change was number one on the to do list will never get anything through with a anti-climate change house.

So, for me that begs a question....I've been operating under the assumption that this is an extremely consequential election...We'd be better off with 4 years of basically status quo with Hillary, then with 4 crazy years of Trump. But outside of Judges, will either of their presidencies be long term consequential given congressional deadlock? It is not even that far fetched to believe that we might have a 6 justice supreme court by the end of Hillary's first term because the Senate just blocks everything.

I think you probably could make the assumption that if Trump wins Republicans will have control of the house and senate as well, at least that's my assumption. Gridlock gone, open season for crazy.

So, for me that begs a question....I've been operating under the assumption that this is an extremely consequential election...We'd be better off with 4 years of basically status quo with Hillary, then with 4 crazy years of Trump. But outside of Judges, will either of their presidencies be long term consequential given congressional deadlock? It is not even that far fetched to believe that we might have a 6 justice supreme court by the end of Hillary's first term because the Senate just blocks everything.

That's pretty far fetched, IMO. There was some basis for not appointing a justice this year, but that goes out the window after the election. Whomever wins this election is likely to have significant impact on the supreme court. One of the most important areas will be gerrymandering. This election has the potential to be as big as the 2010 congressional elections for long-term impact.

There was no basis other than gridlock. Republicans would have considered a nominee of a Republican president.

Maybe we could apply this rule to all of the Tunnels for the next, say, two months? Thanks mods!

Also, there are birds that use tools? Whoa. #whoa

Back