• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SayHeyDeac's Thread For Serious Political Discourse Only--Trolls Need Not Apply

I got my kids super interested in the election, in part, by taking them to some (small) Bernie Sanders rallies in our town in the spring. We were standing on the sidewalk holding Bernie 2016 signs and giant pick-up after giant pick-up drove by shouting obscenities and "TRUMP 2016." Super classy, believe me! My 7 years old kept asking "why are they so mad?"

Hopefully no one tells social services about your child abuse and indoctrination.;)

With Trump going full retard today, wonder if this week was the high water mark of his campaign.

With Trump going full retard today, wonder if this week was the high water mark of his campaign.

I posted this on the other thread...he's back to full batshit crazy.

"I think that her bodyguards should drop all weapons,” Mr. Trump said at a rally in Miami. “I think they should disarm. Immediately. What do you think. Yes? Take their guns away. She doesn’t want guns. Take them. Let’s see what happens to her. Take their guns away, O.K. It will be very dangerous.”

Are y'all NC folk canvassing at all? I went hard for Kerry back in '04, but he was kind of a donk.

Going back to my post yesterday, it's impossible for me to imagine a President of the United States going on a full retard tweetstorm like this:

2rpu1dd.jpg

Not even kidding - the dude has the emotional maturity of a 13-year-old. Just really ironic for me, because I'm working hard these days trying to teach my 5-year-old boy to control his emotions and impulses, to stop and breathe rather than hitting his younger sister when he gets upset about something she's doing. Meanwhile this guy who appears to have very little self-control is running for President, and people will vote for him.

Not even kidding - the dude has the emotional maturity of a 13-year-old. Just really ironic for me, because I'm working hard these days trying to teach my 5-year-old boy to control his emotions and impulses, to stop and breathe rather than hitting his younger sister when he gets upset about something she's doing. Meanwhile this guy who appears to have very little self-control is running for President, and people will vote for him.

That's not fair to 13 yos.

I don't know when exactly it happened, but at some point people began wearing their ignorance as a badge of honor. Being uninformed is a point of pride because objective truths have a liberal slant to them. And Trump? He's the personification of that attitude.

Meanwhile, Mark Cuban has bought a 30% stake in Trump's head during this election season, and it's pretty hilarious:

Cuban appears pissed he didn't run for Pres.

Missed a once in a lifetime chance

This thread is a breath of fresh air. The other general election thread has gotten my blood pressure up significantly.

I'm clearly nevertrump (also a longtime republican fwiw). There are three enormous unknowns that are going to swing this election: 1.) Debates 2.) Trump's Tax Returns and 3.) Whatever that douchebag Julian Assange has up his sleeve.

Net/Net - I am hoping the fallout of the aforementioned three damages trump more than it damages hillary.

I've got nothing to help you here. You are absolute right that he appears to be the exact type of person I am trying train my kids not to be. It feels weak to tell my nine year old that 'you can't scream and shout at people to get what you want, you'll never get away with that as an adult' when trump is currently tied for the presidency.

This thread is a breath of fresh air. The other general election thread has gotten my blood pressure up significantly.

I'm clearly nevertrump (also a longtime republican fwiw). There are three enormous unknowns that are going to swing this election: 1.) Debates 2.) Trump's Tax Returns and 3.) Whatever that douchebag Julian Assange has up his sleeve.

Net/Net - I am hoping the fallout of the aforementioned three damages trump more than it damages hillary.

Trump's tax returns will never see the light of day unless someone hacks and leaks them.

Trump's tax returns will never see the light of day unless someone hacks and leaks them.

I agree...which should scare all of us. That being said, I still see it becoming an issue. Hillary will (or should) press hard on the issue to make it very uncomfortable for Trump. The speculation alone of why he won't release them could be as damaging or even more damaging than what's inside.

Imo the polls are going to turn towards Clinton in a big way over the next couple of weeks. First of all, the health scare has pretty much blown over as she is fine. secondly trump continues to be Trump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

also the clintons side finally seems to be forcefully pushing back against this false equivalence nonsense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back