• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deac Summer Basketball News?

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
It's been totally silent about what's going on this summer. Are the players in town for summer school?

Any notes on pick-up games or scrimmages?

Last edited:
There's a ton of news out there and now that we have this thread we will all know what it is.

It's been totally silent about what's going on this summer. Are the players in town for summer school?

Maybe you just hang out in the wrong places, RJ:) There's been a pair of mostly-open practices for the media during the summer, and I've had reports from practice along with interviews from Manning and Keyshawn Woods. IIRC, the next time media is allowed out is next week. Maybe you'll find my stuff by then:)

Next month we'll learn a little as the team heads to the Bahamas for some games. Should at least see some box scores.

SJM had never lifted weights before he arrived. Guessing he will look like a different person in a year or so. We'll see if the skills match, but body transformation like a taller Big E.

I've heard we are going to go undefeated this season but that's just what one source told me

John Collins has grown 4 inches, added 50 pounds of muscle and 10 inches to his vertical, and is gonna be a beast.

I can't remember, did the summer league die or did Wake just stop participating?

I can't remember, did the summer league die or did Wake just stop participating?

I think it died a slow nobody cared death as it moved to the Gateway Y down near Old Salem a few years ago. Nobody played hard in that type of summer ball so it really did not mean much so all it ever showed was a dunkathon or long three point shooting contest. It seems like I remember reading here that the team from Guilford College actually won the league once or twice because they played real team basketball where they ran plays and played real defense that their coach would be proud of.

Anyone know what's going on with Crab? Looks like he's still on campus/attending classes. I know he is still "kicked out of the basketball program," but seems a little odd that he is taking summer classes/haven't heard any news of a transfer. He had a disappointing season last year in addition to all his off the court issues. However, we do have an open scholly for this year. Any chance Manning lets him back on the team??

https://twitter.com/CoachClawson/status/758327730186452992

They played it this summer with everyone but current D1 players. Had a couple smaller schools to add to the normal vets that show up. Saw a tweet where Rusty dropped 26 on them one night.

Last edited:
SJM had never lifted weights before he arrived. Guessing he will look like a different person in a year or so. We'll see if the skills match, but body transformation like a taller Big E.

Just damn. The genetics are there for him to really develop:
Sam-Japhet-Mathias.png

Next month we'll learn a little as the team heads to the Bahamas for some games. Should at least see some box scores.

Seems unthinkable in this day and age. Same was true for another player of ours ten or so years ago (can't remember who now) and I remember being shocked by it even back then.

Jamie Skeen has still not made it to the NBA

Seems unthinkable in this day and age. Same was true for another player of ours ten or so years ago (can't remember who now) and I remember being shocked by it even back then.

Didn't he prep in New England for his junior year? I just don't believe this.

He has probably not done the lifts that Horn preaches

He has probably not done the lifts that Horn preaches

Front squats? Not exactly unique or revolutionary.

I don't think it is shocking that he hasn't done any weight training. I've always been surprised at how weak most of the college players are at the NBA combine... Would make sense that it is even worse at the high school level (especially in the UK).

It was said about Moto, if I recall correctly.

Back