• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where Should I Live?

Where Should I Live

• Total voters
Go to NYC and practice for five years and when you are ready for a house with a yard waive into another state and move there.

Go to NYC and practice for five years and when you are ready for a house with a yard waive into another state and move there.

Well you can't waive into Cali, which would be one of my top places to move to, but this is another top option

Unless that state is Alabama, Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina or South Dakota

Unless that state is Alabama, Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina or South Dakota

That still leaves plenty of options and if he wants to live in one of those states bad enough he can always take the bar exam again.

Yeah, I don't get how that could be so.

I've left downtown LA at 5 PM and gotten up to Pasadena in 20 minutes with barely any traffic. You're not getting to Fairfield, CT in 20 minutes. Plus there are a lot of firms in Century City which is a easy commute from livable places on the West Side

You've gotta love driving.

I don't mind driving. One of the things I liked the most was being able to drive to the grocery store rather than carry my groceries back from the Trader Joes 10 subway stops away

Move to LA it's clearly where you want to go, another stupid thread asking opinions then the OP offering rebuttal after rebuttal to said opinions.

I've left downtown LA at 5 PM and gotten up to Pasadena in 20 minutes with barely any traffic. You're not getting to Fairfield, CT in 20 minutes. Plus there are a lot of firms in Century City which is a easy commute from livable places on the West Side
Well, if you don't want to live in the city but don't want a long commute, NYC ain't the place, I guess.

Oh jesus, I haven't made up my mind. All I'm trying to say is that the commute isn't the reason I would pick NY over LA. The other stuff still matters

I've got a 6 year old and live in Manhattan, yards and shit are overrated - having friends, babysitters, parties, parks and anything else kid related within walking distance is a million times better than burb living with a kid - riverside park is my yard. It has a cafe with beer.

LA, just be smart about where you choose to live. And hopefully you'll be making enough money to have that ability.

I've got a 6 year old and live in Manhattan, yards and shit are overrated - having friends, babysitters, parties, parks and anything else kid related within walking distance is a million times better than burb living with a kid - riverside park is my yard. It has a cafe with beer.

i have all of those things in walking distance and live in a small town :noidea:

Back