• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where Should I Live?

Where Should I Live

• Total voters
I grew up in Atlanta and would probably be willing to move back one day. That day is not today though

I hung out in Decatur and Edgewood/Kirkwood in the last couple of years and both seemed pretty cool. Not a terrible walk to Little Five Points or East Atlanta Village, and those seemed like semi-happening spots. My friends living there were single-income with a toddler, too, and rented a pretty sweet place. They seemed to subscribe to the theory that gentrification began with lesbians, then gays, then hipsters, then rich whities, and their area was still in the "gay" phase, so not as segregated/gentrified. It looked pretty diverse from my weekend there, and the park next to their place definitely had some shit going down.

I might be down for Atlanta, overall though, if I found a cool place from which I could bike/walk places.

Flag Wars is a good cinema verite style documentary about gentrification in Columbus, Ohio and the clashes between the old Black residents and the new gay gentrifiers.

I think the artists/students kick off most of the gentrification around these parts.

I live in Inman Park and it is dramatically different than it was six years ago and that is starting to spread out into other neighborhoods. The townhouses across from me start at 600K so I imagine it will be pushing a lot of people out.

Yeah but walk 200 yards west and make a left on Randolph or Sampson. Different kinds of housing there for sure, side by side. The tracts that Im guessing your apt sits on were largely dead commercial lots. Those people in the adjacent single fam house pockets arent going anywhere anytime soon, or at least all at once.

Anyway this is a dumb argument started by one of Townie's toss offs. Spend a few years in philly and you turn into a yankeeface. Predictable.

Flag Wars is a good cinema verite style documentary about gentrification in Columbus, Ohio and the clashes between the old Black residents and the new gay gentrifiers.

I think the artists/students kick off most of the gentrification around these parts.

You've mentioned that flick before, I think, I need to make a note of it. This old boss I had in Columbus who was terrible moved into one of those hoods and was such a publicity hound/drama queen (intended) that I wouldn't be surprised if he weaseled his way into that somehow.

Back