• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

65 Most Valuable College Sports Apparel Deals from Forbes

I'll ask the obvious question, how are we above Oregon? Are they measuring by how much is paid to the company or how much the capital the team has is worth?

Georgia Tech - Russell Athletic

For some reason, that's always been funny to me. I am sure there is a story there, but I am too lazy to look into it.

I thought we'd get more. If start winning basketball, we will.

I was surprised the Under Armour had gotten 5 of the Top 16.

Bama must have an old contract or they are grossly underpaid.

Relative to other conferences, the PAC-12 has an interesting distribution of teams. Most of them are pretty low on the list.

A lot of their contracts are old. I still can't believe OR gets so little.

NC State's deal is nearly twice that as UNC...interesting.

Georgia Tech - Russell Athletic

For some reason, that's always been funny to me. I am sure there is a story there, but I am too lazy to look into it.

I read something about this recently. I don't remember all of the details but I think the take away was that the contract is almost up and they're going with somebody else.

Talked about the big disadvantage in recruiting.

I'll ask the obvious question, how are we above Oregon? Are they measuring by how much is paid to the company or how much the capital the team has is worth?

Doesn't Phil Knight personally donate to Oregon, such that it isn't actually a contract with Nike? I don't think that's something I could have made up on my own, but I have no idea where I got that from.

Nike doesn't pay any of its teams anything. The Nike brand is so strong that they only take select teams/brands. Those teams intentionally take less to get the Nike brand which is why you see some high profile teams (like UNC) low on the list. Nike didn't even make a bid for NCSU when we came on the market recently. I'd guess that this, along with old contracts that are on the verge of running out are why a lot of these are lower.

Nike doesn't pay any of its teams anything. The Nike brand is so strong that they only take select teams/brands. Those teams intentionally take less to get the Nike brand which is why you see some high profile teams (like UNC) low on the list. Nike didn't even make a bid for NCSU when we came on the market recently. I'd guess that this, along with old contracts that are on the verge of running out are why a lot of these are lower.

They just signed a $169 million deal with Michigan.

They just signed a $169 million deal with Michigan.

Right. Nike hand selected a top brand. Just like the other top schools that are Nike. And when those schools old contracts are up Nike will sign them to a fair market value.

Doesn't Phil Knight personally donate to Oregon, such that it isn't actually a contract with Nike? I don't think that's something I could have made up on my own, but I have no idea where I got that from.

Yeah I think he did, but for some reason I remember hearing that he stopped. Not sure if that's true or not though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone feel like posting the list so I don't have to turn my ad-blocker off?

The article said there was a caveat in that the gross amount may not reflect how much actual uniform stuff the school got. This article was about cash payments I believe. Therefore Nike and Oregon and the huge amount of unis they have in football surely doesn't reflect in something like this?

Back